Chapter 2

PICTURE OF AZALEA ON SIDE ------->

Awkwardly I glanced between the two, sensing serious tension. The woman seemed to just notice me and gasped shrilly which made me jump back.

"Who is this Siah?" Siah? Josiah's shocked expression fell into a cold one and he backed away from me. We both frowned but he turned around and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"Colton!" After a couple more yells, Colton stormed around the corner with annoyance in his eyes. Also he wasn't using a cane anymore.

"What?" He jerked around and pointed at the woman harshly.

"Not a word." She made a zipping motion over her lips and smiled at me as her shoulders rose up. Dragging Colton into the nearby room, Josiah yelled as if he thought we couldn't hear him. Fortunately, the walls weren't soundproof.

"What the hell is Scarlet doing here?" My eyes drifted to who I assumed was Scarlet and she waved daintily. Smirking, I raised my hand back and then continued to listen.

"She's one of Francesca's seconds Josiah." Ah, she was a witch. That made me curious if her beauty was an illusion or she was just naturally breathtaking. I felt my body tremble as his rage increased and he roared back.

"Why do you insist on hiring my ex girlfriends constantly?" That made me laugh as I realized why he was so upset. If we hadn't been married now, I might've been jealous of her. Glancing back in her direction, I noticed Scarlet was frowning. Colton's calm voice emitted a sigh before he answered.

"We need her help and you know it. The wolves attack in 5 months and we haven't even found the Grimoire yet." Josiah growled in frustration and I fought the urge to talk to Scarlet. After all, he'd asked her not to say anything. Josiah's voice was calmer now but lost none of its deadliness.

"I don't want her anywhere near Ava." Scarlet frowned at the door and then Josiah stormed back out. He approached us but maintained a distance from both of us and spoke stiffly.

"Ava this is Scarlet she's the granddaughter of the coven's High Priestess, Scarlet this is my wife Ava." She smiled but her eyes seemed disappointed. Maintaining a polite smile, I shook her hand as she spoke sweetly.

"A beautiful wife I might add." Josiah tugged me back and smiled stiffly.

"Yes, thank you. If you'll excuse us, we just got back from a flight and we're going to rest." She fiddled with her long, purple nails and no longer tried to hold a smile.

"Okay, I'll see you at dinner Ava." Nodding, I waved behind us as Josiah rushed me out. When we got upstairs I slapped his stomach even though it didn't do much. He simply frowned at me and continued pushing me along. Sliding out from under his arm, I stood my ground and glared at him.

"Josiah James Richards, stop pushing me around!" He sighed and his shoulders slumped as he tried to distract me by stroking my hips and the exposed skin of my back.

"I'm sorry my love, I just thought you were tired." Narrowing my eyes at him, I pushed away his roaming hands and poked his chest roughly.

"Like hell you did, you wanted me away from your ex girlfriend for whatever reason." He turned away from me and rested his hands on his hips. Staring at his feet, he grumbled quietly.

"Okay you're right and, I don't want to start our marriage with lies so can we just promise each other to be completely honest with each other?" Smiling, I caught his hand and squeezed it until he looked at me. He returned the smile as I tried to assure him that I didn't care about his exes.