Chapter 5

|| gabrielle ||

Seeing Harry again was amazing. He was his usually charming self. But I knew I couldn't be around him any more. I wasn't, I don't know I wasn't famous. I was a no body. Harry deserved someone who was gorgeous and famous. Celebrities only date celebrities, right?

"Who was that?" Nicolette asked me in Italian. She was sort of like my guide while I was studying abroad but she was also my companion. Nicolette spoke Italian and little English and luckily I spoke Italian fluently. "He looks like Harry Styles, doesn't he?" 

We had boarded the plane and were getting ready for the flight to Paris. 

"That is Harry Styles," I replied in Italian. 

"You know him?"

I shrugged. "We met in London. He's sort of like an acquaintance. I wouldn't call him so much as a friend and definitely not a boyfriend."

"Well, he seems to be interested in you." Nicolette nudged me and grinned. 

I shook my head. "No, definitely no."

But I couldn't help but hope if it was true.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|| harry ||

We boarded our plane and took our seats. As usual, I sat next to Louis. Niall and Liam sat in front of the two of us and Zayn and Paul sat behind us. "I think you should call her." Louis said in a low voice.

"What?"

"Call Gabrielle and tell her you fancy her." Louis said.

I shook my head. "I can't."

He raised his eyebrows at me and I sighed. I took out my phone and dialed her number. She picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hi, Gabrielle, it's Harry."  

"Oh, hi," She said brightly.

"Listen, what I was trying to tell you earlier was that I like you. Not just as a friend but more than that. Sorry I can't tell you face to face, I really wish I could but I just wanted to tell you so you knew." No response so I continued. "You're all that I think about and you're not like any other girls I've ever met. I don't think I've ever felt like this with any other girl. I-" 

"Harry." She said, her voice hoarse and unsteady. "I'm sorry but I can't do this now. I have to go. I'm really sorry."

She hung up and just like that, my heart was broken.