Fate

- ELEVEN -

I pulled the blindfold off and laid in my bed, tears stinging my eyes.

Day 351. I made another tally mark on my arm.

I felt a stinging in my arm and looked down to see little scrapes starting to appear over some of the tally marks. Unsure of what was happening to me I started to panic a little and got up from my bed and walked out of my room to Hop's, lightly knocking on the door.

" What is it kid? " He asked as he opened the door, " Hop it hurts.." I said as I held my arm out to him. He examined my arm and then looked down, " shit " I heard him whisper to himself.

" El, have you ever heard of soulmates? " He asked, " Soul....mates? " I responded.

" I'll take that as a no. " He gently grabbed my hand and walked to the couch with me and we sat down. " So...." I said. " So, I'll tell you what a soulmate is but promise you won't freak out,

okay? " He responded. Is a soulmate bad? Am I in trouble? " O-Okay..." I responded hesitantly. " A soulmate is the person you're meant to be with. You're supposed to be in love with them and spend the rest of your life with them. " Hop explained. " Love? " I asked. " Oh, well love is a feeling. There are different kinds of love. There's love for friends, you care for them and they make you happy, in turn you make them happy. Kind of like that. Then there's love for family. Your family will always be there for you and you'll always be there for them, you care deeply for each other, friend love and family love are similar, and sometimes friends feel like or even become real family. That kind of love is called platonic. Then there's romantic love. That's the love you have for your partner or in other words, soulmate. It's like platonic love in the way that you care for each other and make each other very happy, you'd do anything for the other person. It's different because this love you only have for one person. This person is your boyfriend, or girlfriend. This is the person you go on dates with and kiss and all that other stuff. When you're old enough you get to marry this person and start your own family with them. This person makes your stomach tingle and your face heat up. It's almost like a sick feeling but in a good way. And that's love. " Hopper ended.

I took a second to take everything in and responded " Oh, I get it now. "

" Good " He replied, smiling a little and continued, " Anyways, your soulmate is the person you love romantically. You two are perfect for each other. And soulmates have this cool thing where whatever one of them writes on their arm, it shows up on the other person's arm.  This is good, and bad. I'm sorry kid, your soulmate is sad. Really sad. Those scrapes on your arms, they're because of your soulmate. Your soulmate is in a lot of emotional pain so they're causing physical pain to themselves to try and even out the pain. Your soulmate is cutting themself..." He paused " Kid I'm so sorry, I should've told you sooner. I should've let you see him sooner. Maybe this would've never happened. " He said. 

" What? " I asked. This can't be happening. It's not true, it's not.

" I'm sorry... " Hop answered, defeated.

" I need to see him..." I choked out.

" You know I can't let you. "

Inside I was screaming, crying, dying. " Hop he could die! " I pleaded.
" Kid it's still not safe. "
" I need to see him! " A vase flew across the room and shattered as my eyes started watering.

" Please don't do this El " He knew I was about to burst.

" I need to save him! You can't just let him die! " I yelled and the lamp shattered.
" Look just calm down please. " Hop pleaded.
" No! Why won't you just listen to me? " I screamed at the top of my lungs and all the windows burst, causing glass to go everywhere, shelves to fall down and over all chaos. I ran to my room and slammed the door behind me.