The Best Looking Mistake

From the doorway I could see him running water over it and blood staining it as it went down the drain. I slide in behind him and grab some toilet paper before turning off the faucet and taking his hand to cover the bleeding.

"It seems deep, you want to stop the bleeding first, then you can clean it and bandage it" I explain, holding the tissue over his finger and pushing him to sit on the toilet cover. "Hold that on there, if it does end up bleeding through add more on top of that." I order as I open the cabinet in search of a first aid kit.

"It's in the kitchen, we used to get little cuts while cooking all the time" he says as he looks up at me. I nod and go to retrieve it and come back. Seeing that there wasn't much bleeding through, I open the kit and look for different bandaids and antibacterial stuff.

After finding what I needed, I set it on the sink and kneeled before Shiro, taking his hand back and peeling the toilet paper back. Some pieces stuck to the fresh blood but for the most part it was a clean peel. I wet a new piece under the faucet and cleaning off what was left over the cut.

"You should have been a nurse, not an artist. You're pretty good at this" he says with a joking tone, but this wasn't that much of a joke to me. This was reality. Though I did this kind of thing to myself on purpose, I wasn't going to risk getting an infection, and in high school, a bandaid was much easier to explain than horizontal cuts on your wrists.

"I've had a lot of practice" I mumble as I finish up and put a bandaid over the cut, finalizing it with a light kiss over top, something my mother always used to do to me as a kid. It wasn't until I saw the look Shiro gave me that I realized I had done it.

Growing shy, I stand up again and start putting things back away and cleaning up the mess from dealing with the blood. Shiro too stood up, and I could almost feel his body heat in the close proximity that was this bathroom, or maybe it was just my body heat from the embarrassment I had.

"Thanks Keith" he says sweetly, pecking my cheek as he slides behind me and out of the bathroom. That did it for me. Full face blush and scattered thoughts. Damn I really am starting to act like a girl. But for the record, straight guys don't know what they can do to a gay guy, and if they do, it's just to tease us.

Once I had regained my composure, I came out of the bathroom to look for where Shiro had gone. I found him in the kitchen, still testing out his new arm. I smiled to myself as I watched him quietly, only being noticed after a few minutes of him working out the mechanics.

"I can figure out a way to get a skin toned cover for that if you'd like, so it doesn't look quite so robotic" I explain, crossing my arms and leaning against the island.

"No, I like it this way. Very shiny, it looks cool" he replies, giving me a soft smile. A smile that would make any girl melt, but not me. I look away to prove I don't have as many girlish tendencies as I may say.

A moment or two of silence followed before Shiro piped up again. "I was invited to a party tonight, was told I could bring someone, you up to going?" He asks casually, as though being invited to a party was an everyday thing to him.

"I haven't gone to many parties. No one wants the hot head killing their vibes" I respond with a slight joking tone though I meant it. Any parties I had gone to, I got in fights.

"I think I can keep your hot headedness under control, I used to be able to in high school" he offers, and it seemed too good to refuse. Besides, I could use some time to get out of the house and see the world.

"Alright, but if I go off on someone, it's your fault" I flash a slight grin, as though I was testing him, seeing how he'd react.

Shiro only returned the grin. "Great, it's a date." Fucking straight people. You can never tell if they're gay for you or joking, I hate it.

The rest of the day dragged by with us chilling on the couch and watching Netflix movies together. We both enjoyed the ones that were terribly made, started good conversation and added some laughs.

As the night started to approach though, and the curtains showed less and less daylight, it came time to get ready for the party. Shiro could get away with a t shirt and jeans if he wanted, but not me. Of course I'm not putting makeup on or anything I am actually going to put some effort into my looks.

If everything else about me is a flaw, I'm at least going to be the best looking mistake someone ever made.