We ordered two cheeseburgers menus and sat down at a table in the corner. Some lady handed us our food and we thanked her before starting eating.

"You already spoke to Max or Daniel about meeting up sometime?" Rose asked whilst taking a bite of her cheeseburger. "Actually, no, however he sent me a message ten minutes ago," I replied. "He did? And you didn't respond yet?"

"Nope,"

Rose her eyes suddenly widened. "You're kidding me, right?" I shook my head. "Of course not, I just- I didn't open it yet.. there was no time," I explained. "But I'll do it now, thanks for reminding.." I said whilst rolling my eyes. I sighed and unlocked my phone. I quickly scrolled to WhatsApp and opened the message Max had sent me.

Max: hi Melody, if I understood right you're about to take the plane towards Monaco. As you might know the Spain Grand Prix is tomorrow, and unfortunately I've some work and briefings afterwards. That means I'm in Monaco a few days later than planned. I'll be there on Thursday, so is Daniel and I hope you don't mind. Have a good flight, take care of yourself and I'll see you!

"What is he saying?" Rose asked whilst she shove the rests of her burger aside. "He's in Monaco on Thursday.." I said, trying to hide my disappointment. Of course I knew he'd be here at least for a week which is great, but I hoped he'd arrive earlier.

"Oh, well then we're just partying with the two of us!" She winked at me. "Yes, sure, but I'm going to answer so-"

"I have to stop talking, al right I get it," she chuckled however she actually stopped talking.

Melody: hi Max! Yes you're right, I'm currently at the airport on my way to Monaco! Too bad you're later there, but we'll just hang out as soon as you arrived as well. I'll take care of myself, see ya x

I sent the message and put my phone away to eat the rest of the cheeseburger on the plate in front of me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Finally!" Rose yelled happily when we walked out of the plane. "Oh Mel, these temperatures!" She called out, lowering her tone as she noticed people were looking at us. "Amazing, right?" I asked her whilst smirking. Every time I came here, I was overwhelmed by everything I saw again, as it was simply mesmerizing.

You never get used to the amazing view of Monaco.

"Now, let's get or luggage!" We headed over to the place we found our suitcases.

"Well that didn't take too long!" Rose called out, whilst wiping away the sweat on her forehead with her fingers. "No it didn't, we've had luck with that," I softly smirked, "And now we're heading over to the cab outside and we'll be brought to my apartment," I said whilst feeling proud as I realized I literally have an apartment in fucking Monaco.

We reached the cab outside, who would bring us to my apartment. I smirked softly as Rose had no idea what the apartment would look like and she didn't know it was near to the beach which was absolutely mesmerizing. Tonight we were going out for dinner and we'd have fun this evening with or without plans.

"Can this even become more beautiful?" Rose asked whilst looking really excited. "It can, just wait before you'll see the boats and the sea," I replied whilst staring out of the window.

- - - - - - - - -
Rose
We finally reached Melody's apartment which looked absolutely beautiful. "Wow, Melody.." I sighed before grabbing my suitcase and walking up to the front door.

I heard my best friend chuckling and she opened the door. I immediately walked in and looked around. My mouth fell open as it was wonderful.

After I walked through all the rooms I let myself fall on the bed that would be mine. Melody apparently had two bedrooms as she wanted to be able to let friends sleep over, which I was extremely glad with.

"You like it?" Melody curiously asked. "I love it!" I enthusiastically replied. "I'm so glad you're with me, I love being here with my best friend!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well, I'm glad you invited me, you couldn't give me something better than a long vacation together with you," I said with a stern look in my eyes as I was serious. I thanked her a lot of times, but it felt like I couldn't thank her enough.

"You better make yourself ready as it's very late and we still have to eat something!" I looked over at Melody who was slightly grinning. "What? I don't get it, we've already had dinner right? At the airport?" I asked, my voice full of confusion. "You're right, but I made sure we can go to this nice restaurant near to the beach and just sit there, we can eat something if you're still hungry and otherwise you can take a dessert," Melody looked questioned at me. "So, do you like it?"

"I uh- yes I like that, though it's a bit overwhelming but uh- I guess I should make myself ready then.." I stuttered. Melody softly chuckled and walked out of the room so I could make myself ready.

It was so sweet Melody did this for me, but I was doubting if she felt good enough to go out, she seemed to be a little different since we took the plane a few hours ago.

Maybe it was because Max told her he and Daniel are both coming later. Melody had looked really forwards to see them again, and especially Max, however she didn't want to admit that.

I knew Melody was very pretty, but she never really had a serious relationship, except for Henry, a guy from Manchester who wasn't good for her at all. She needed someone in her life, someone she could trust and someone she could love. Henry gave her bad memories of love, whilst the memories of love should be the best and I was also afraid she would put away the ones she'd actually is into.

And I first thought that person would be James but now I'm not sure anymore..

"Are you almost ready?" Melody yelled out of the living room. "Calm down, I'll hurry.."

- - - - - - -
Author's note
I'm sorry it took some time but here is the new chapter, 8 already. I'm sorry if you think it's a bit dull or not good written, I simply had no inspiration as Max isn't in Monaco yet..!

And it just didn't feel great to write, the last few days, though I tried to make the best of it and I hoped it worked at least a little.

X

💋