Chapter 1: The bad beginning

Batman heard bones crack as Killer Croc bit down on his side. Everything went dark and he could hear Tim off in the distance. He heard a loud bang and then everything was silent. He then opened his eyes to see he was laying in his bed at home with Alfred by his side and Tim and Dick talking off to the side of the room.

"I told him he couldn't take on Croc but when does he listen to me." Said Tim as crossed his arms. "When does he listen to anyone." Said Dick. "Hes waking up." Said Tim as Bruce's sight began to clear. "Bruce why did you do that." Asked Dick. "I needed to, now if you'll excuse me I'm getting back out there." Bruce said as he slowing sat up and realised that was a mistake. "Master Bruce you have three broken ribs and severe internal bleeding, so you must stay here and rest." Said Alfred. "Alright fine." Bruce slowly layed back down. "You two." Bruce said and pointed at Tim and Dick. "You two will need to do my job till I can fight agian." Said Bruce and the boys knodded and then left.

"Why is he so stubborn. " Asked Tim. "I dont know he just is. I think he uses the beatings to remind himself that he's human." Said Dick as he stepped outside. "Yeah but anyway lets go do his work." Said Tim as they turned on their coms and parted ways.

*that night*

Bruce layed in his bed and thought out loud. "I can't just sit here. I need to help them but how." He spent most the night thinking of how he could help them. When he finally fell asleep he had a horrible nightmare. Dick and Tim were killed and Bruce was blamed for it. He woke up and checked the clock. "Noon?! Why didn't Alfred wake me?!" He yelled. Alfred came in and said. "You needed your rest." Bruce then asked. "Where is Tim and Dick." He said in an almost panicked tone. "They left this morning to do the work you assigned them." Said Alfred as Bruce was reassured.