Our little spark

I rush inside of my hotel room and toss down the suit case that my dad gave me before he passed away a few years ago as I search through my old clothes bin and see my business suit, the only one I had bought from a thrift store for these business interviews. I lay it over my bed and try to wrinkle it out, "I wish they'd sell dollar irons around here, but noooo they have to be in the next city over, like I have enough to go that far in a bus." I shake my head in frustration as he turns on and asks, "Why are your stress levels skyrocketting partner?" I reply, "Look, while you were charging yourself up in your sleep mode thing, I just got a call from an old company that gave me one last chance to prove myself and I have to look my best going in! But my clothes are a mess since they haven't been washed in ages and I don't know what I'm going to present to them!" He stays quit for a moment as I sit down at the edge of my bed and sigh, grabbing the remote and turning on the TV in the corner of the room as he asks, "Partner, I do not yet comprehend why you are so stressed out, but I wish to help you in any way that I can." I look down at my left wrist and look at my only friend, all the others cut their ties with me as soon as they found out I was homeless and didn't want me coming to them for help. I then tell him, "Thanks, but I wouldn't even know where to start, this job searching stuff nowadays are near impossible with the way they are raising the prices on those degrees, which is now the only guaranteed way to get a decent job." He begins to glow as his small screen began to fill with ones and zeroes, "Are you alright? You're not glitching out are you?" I wipe the smart watch's screen with my thumb as he orders me, "Go grab your cologne and spray it a few times over your entire suit before having it dry over the fan over there." I look at the small fan I found in the trash as I scoff at his remark and ask, "But why?" He replies firmly, "I'm getting you prepared for tomorrow partner so hurry up." I get up and do it, any help is good enough for me and he was the greatest chance at me nailing this! And as I finish up, he says, "Now grab that notepad from your dresser and write down exactly what I say." He told me how the company Good tech would benefit from me being there since I have prior experience with A.I and have no reason to hesitate when asked to go out and travel across the world to share their products, but besides from him, I had no idea what he was talking about as I ask, "You're the only A.I that I know of though?" He replies, "I'm going to be with you the whole way partner, I'm going to help make your stress levels go down so that I could recharge in peace. It is highly beneficial to the both of us don't you agree? I get the proper power levels while you go out to see the beaches and new cities that have plenty of memorabilia." I did agree, he was way smarter than me and ever since I found him laying on the sidewalk that one day, I haven't regretted meeting him. He then finishes up as I sigh in relief, but he wasn't finished as he says, "Now partner.." I loved that he thought of me as an equal, but I wanted him to call me by my name as I interrupt him, "Actually little buddy, can you start calling me Peter? It'd be kind of awkward if I just was noticed as partner." He pauses for a second before asking, "Is that a sign of me getting too close to you partner? Am I intruding your personal space?" I wave my hands in defense as I reply, "No no no! You're good, I just thought it was time for us to get a little more well acquainted with each other you know, since we're going to be travelling together!" I see him doing something on the screen as he finally breaks the awkward silence, "Alright then Peter. May I ask of you a request too?" I mute the TV and say with a smile, "Lay it on me buddy." He then asks, "If I am to call you by your name, may you do the same?" I never thought of that, heck I didn't even know he had a name! I widen my eyes in surprise as I reply, "Yeah! Sure! What is it?" He replies, "My name is E-101010101010101.." I cut him off, "Wait, that's way too long, how about we keep it short like Oswald? No.. Bud? No...Aha! How about Nivi?!" He asks me with a confused tone, "That name makes no sense, why do you request to call me it?" I shrug, "I don't know, friends usually just come up with some whacky names to easily call each other out of a crowd." He then shines bright and asks enthusiastically, "Oh, so you mean like me calling you Pete instead of Peter?" I nod and grin, "Yeah, exactly. So how about it?" He says, "I will now be known as Nivi." I nod in understanding as I go over to the window and stare at the setting sun, feeling like my life was going somewhere for once as I hold up a fist and ask, "Ready for tomorrow partner?" He does a fist on the screen as I tap it with my knuckle and hear him say, "Lets do this partner."