I. A Rare Kind Of Love

Summer 12

Summer 12

"Y/n, meet Jimin, he's a hybrid, he'll be living with us from now on." The soft soothing voice of your father chimes in your ears as you looked up at the blonde hair honey boy. Jimin. His navy collar around his neck, the suede fabric contrasting from his tan skin. Sinuous ash blonde locks framing his face, the soft tuffs of hair failing to conceal the pointed dog ears atop the teen's head.

He bent down to your level, outstretching a hand, "Hope, we can get along." His smile sweet, smelling of vanilla and hints of spearmint. His hand plush.

"Jimin is that you?!" Screeched your 17 year old brother, the lanky boy running up to the puppy , embracing him in warm arms. "Hey bud, haven't seen you in ages!!"

"Taehyung no need to yell , I'm sensitive to the noise!" Scolded the honey pup. "I don't care, my best friend is finally here to stay!" Your brunette brother chimed, rubbing his face against Jimin's . That was the moment the boundaries were established. The moment that divided you. Them and you. From that moment on it was Jimin and Taehyung, glued together, two peas in a pod. And then there was you.

Taehyung's younger sister who was just apart of the background. They lived in a different world from you. You watched throughout your preteen and adolescence years as Taehyung and Jimin wreaked havoc throughout the neighborhood, both of them seen with a plethora of different girls. All of whom looked the same after a while. You watched from your window sill as Jimin and Taehyung played some type of football game on steroids while they were clearly drunk, sneaking in alcohol for the upteenth time. The two rambunctious older boys that always overshadowed you.

You always watched them from afar. The younger sister who had a taste for reading and napping, never going out. The younger sister who always watched as her brother fell for the wrong girls only to be consoled by alcohol and Jimin's outlandish antics. The younger sister who clung to the sidelines , a wallflower , her brother and his best friend the stars of every room they entered. Exact opposites.

Summer 17

The Korean sun unforgiving as it shined down upon your hometown of Daegu, the air conditioning doing little to combat the heat. Yet, even through Korea's heatwave you could still hear the rambunctious laughter of Jimin and Taehyung echoing throughout the house. Due to them, the house was never quiet, always filled with laughter and strange screeching they made even time the moon was out. Taehyung had this 'brilliant' idea that he and Jimin should howl every full moon to bond. You remember waking up one night to see them drunk on the porch, Jimin howling at the moon and Taehyung sat there screeching at it.

Giggling at the memory , you opened the fridge , feeling sticky when the cool air hit your skin. Grabbing a bottle of water , feeling the gaze of another on you , your turned around to see Jimin leaning on the counter watching you. "Hot out isn't it ?" He smiles, his blonde tuffs a mess, his ears laid down against his head, his navy blue collar around his neck. His chin sitting in his palms. You bit your lip starting at the 22 year old.