Chapter 16, Sneaky

Start from the beginning

"Sleep." I said, pushing his head back. He fell over right away, and began snoring. I let out a sigh, I liked how Max listened to me now, it was much better than before. In hindsight, I should have done this earlier to him. I still felt a little bad for having to inject Max but I just kept reassuring myself that this was for the best especially because this is a win win situation - Max doesn't out me to David so me and David can continue our relationship and Max doesn't have to die. Win win.

I began to walk out of the tent when I was greeted by Neil and Nikki, who looked as though they were about to punch me. I tried to walk around them but Neil stepped in front of me and stomped his foot.

"What did you do to Max!?" he shouted, I frowned at him and narrowed my eyebrows.

"Nothing crazy, we just had a talk him and I, about values and life skills and emotions. I think this will be very beneficial for him." I explained to the concerned Neil. Nikki growled at me and Neil got even angrier at my response.

"No! You're lying! You did something terrible to Max and I know it! Just because you have everyone else at this camp fooled doesn't mean I'm fooled too!" Neil shouted as he stormed into the tent, Nikki following close by. I ran behind them and saw them staring at the sleeping Max, examining him. Neil rushed towards him and shook him trying to wake him up but I had told Max to sleep and he would sleep until morning.

"Fix him right now!" Neil shouted, his voice straining as he yelled at me. I crossed my arms and looked down at the messy haired child.

"But Neil, Max was broken before, I have fixed him. This is fixed Max." I admitted, Neil ground his teeth a frustrated noise poured out of his mouth.

"You shut your whore mouth Daniel! Fix him! Fix him! Undo whatever the fuck you did to him!" Neil was screaming at me which wasn't ok. It pinched a nerve in my being and I grabbed him by the shirt.

"If I ever talked to an adult that way I would have been beat up until I learned some manners." I growled at Neil, causing him to stop what he was doing and claw at my hand, but I wasn't letting go of him. Nikki started to shout and kick my leg and I grabbed her by the overall straps and help her off the ground, her feet running but getting her nowhere. I held both of them in front of me and stared and them.

"If you two really think I did something terrible to Max then what makes you so confident I won't do it to you too?" I grinned to them both, this made them back down all the way down as they realized who they were dealing with. If I had to brainwash these kids to I would no hesitation. If I had to kill these kids I would no hesitation, I had become so skilled at lying lately that covering this up would be a piece of cake. A minute went by and they didn't speak so I stood up and placed them on the ground.

"Keep that in mind next time you guys ever want to do me wrong again." I informed the two, again they didn't say anything. I started towards the counselor cabin in search of David wondering if he wanted to go somewhere private and talk or flirt or kiss... I had a really stressful day I was looking into just being with David and not having to hide Max's brainwashing. Right when I was about to go open the door to the cabin it swung open and Gwen was there beaming.

"Thank you David! Thank you thank you!" Gwen cheered, David was standing behind her looking happy as always and she looked as if she was leaving.

"Whoops, sorry Daniel!" she said, face still lit up like a Christmas tree. I gave her a weird look and then turned to David for some explication.

"Oh! Gwen just wanted to know if she could have the night off and I told her it was ok." David smiled, Gwen nodded fiercely.

"Yeah! My girlfriend's invited me to a night of binge watching teen mom because the new season starts tonight so we are having like a premier party. David said since there's 3 of us now it's ok for me to take the night off." Gwen explained, David nodded in the back.

"Yup! Just make sure you are well rested for tomorrow Gwen! It's going to be a big day of camp activities and fun!" David shouted, I laughed and shook my head at him because everyday was a big day for him. Gwen just nodded a few times and said 'sure' while walking away towards the camps car. I walked into the cabin and closed the door behind me, David went and looked out the window, checking something out.

"What are you doing?" I asked, I looked out the window beside him and followed his eyes to the car as it drove off into the distance. Once it was gone David turned to me and gave me a bit of a smirk.

"I did a bit of a sneaky thing Daniel." he said in such a cute voice like he was trying to be edgy but was not. I raised my eyebrow at him and laughed a bit.

"You did a sneaky thing huh?" I replied, saying the word sneaky in the same 'edgy' voice he said it in. He nodded, a bit of blush crawling across his face.

"I wanted Gwen gone so we could have some alone time." David leaned into me, his nose touching mine.

"David, does your 'alone time' mean the same thing as everyone else's does or does alone time for you mean time to sleep so we can be awake and ready for the big fun day tomorrow? Or is it alone time to read about leaves?" I asked laughed a bit. David seemed to be hinting at something but he was always oblivious and I didn't think he had it in him to plan for us to have real alone time. David rolled his eyes at me looking a bit flustered with my response and he placed his hand on my chest, grabbing at the fabric of my shirt.

"Shut up, you know what I'm talking about I'm trying to be sexy." David smiled, I gave him a confused look still a bit unsure as to if I should believe him or not. David was... well he was David, and this was not like him. David wasn't the type to do sneaky things and act sexy.

"So... You want to... umm..." I stammered nervously, David rolled his eyes at me again, this time harder and walked me over to his bed, sitting me down on the mattress. He kissed me deeply, and I kissed him back, it always felt like the first time with David, that spark I got when I kissed him before was the same one I got each time our lips touched. He pushed on me and I pushed on him, deepening the kiss. When I pushed against him again he fell onto his back on the bed and I ended up on top of him, not breaking the kiss until after when we needed air. David moved his head I've to my neck and kissed me lightly, whispering in my ear a phrase that made my whole body ignite.

"I want you.. I want you so badly."

A/N this chapter was a bit of a filler but oh well. The next chapter is going to be to HOOOT I'm excited as fuck for it who else is excited??

The working title for this chapter was "Maxipad" as the beginning of it was mostly about Max and I am like 5 years old clearly.

Also I am still working away on my Coraline cross over and hopefully will have the first chapter of that posted asap and I'll keep you all updated on here about that too!

Thank you all for he reads again! Last I checked this book was #22 in the camp camp catagory so that's fucking amazing! Love you all so much! I'm working on the next chaper.... vigorously😂😂 <3