Two Left Feet

Alexandra's P.O.V.

"Hey." Said a gentle voice. I was in my room by myself. After the events of last night, I didn't want to talk to or see anybody. "What?" I asked sharply. "I just wanted to come check on you" I looked up to see Bucky moving towards my bed slowly. I moved over so he could sit. "A little shaken up." I paused. "I was so scared," I stated simply, looking down at my lap because I didn't want to make eye contact with Bucky. I have tears welling up in my eyes, I did not want him to see that. I felt an arm around my shoulders.

"That's one-hundred percent understandable, and if I'm being honest, expected," Bucky said with sympathy in his voice. "But the best thing to can do for yourself right now is talk and/or cry" Bucky started. "That may seem odd but it will really help." I knew what he meant crying really does help. But I don't want to cry. I cried yesterday if I cry again it will be seen as a sign of weakness. I have had to be weak my whole life, I don't want to be anymore. It would be so much easier if I just didn't have emotions like this. "I know it's just-" I stared at my wrist where the scars from my first real interaction with Bucky.

I felt the warmth of Bucky's hand in mine. "I know. Scars can be ugly. But they just showed that you are stronger than what tried to hurt you..." Bucky trailed off, it seemed like he was debating telling me something. "...Look" Bucky turned around and started to slowly remove his navy blue T-shirt. As he got to his shoulder blades I noticed on the left shoulder and shoulder blade, where his metal arm was connected, the rough light red skin around the metal. It looked really painful.

"Feel it," Bucky commanded. "No. I don't want to hurt you." I reasoned. "It won't hurt look..." He said touching his shoulder.

Bucky's P.O.V.

I wanted Alexandra to learn something from this. So I didn't tell her that it still hurts when it's touched. "Ok..." Alexandra paused. "I'm about to touch it." She warned. I felt her cold fingers drag lightly across the scarring. It hurt quite a bit, but I wasn't going to tell her that. "See? That means I'm stronger than Red Skull, Zola, Crossbones, Pierce, and HYDRA as a whole. If I can get through that you can get through this." I convinced. A light smiled played across her lips. "Thanks, Bucky." She gave me a big hug. And I smiled more than I ever have before.

"What's that one from?" She said pointing to my knee. I was wearing basketball shorts. 'Damn it, Barnes, the one day you don't wear sweatpants!' I scolded myself. "That is also HYDRA. One of the ways they would torture me was, they would shoot out my kneecaps. It's amazing I can still walk correctly." I saw a mix of shock, fear, and anger take over her facial features. "Who?" The muttered angered. "Come again?" I asked. "Who did this to you?"

Alexandra's P.O.V.

'WHO WOULD DARE HURT ANOTHER HUMAN LIKE THAT?! NO! THESE PEOPLE AREN'T EVEN HUMAN, THEY ARE MONSTERS!' I thought. "It doesn't matter," Bucky said calmly. For whatever reason finding a particular interest in his hands that sat on his lap. "Yes, it does. Who did this James?" His head shot up. "What did you just call me?" He asked shocked.

"James..." I trailed off. A cute little smile tugged on the corners of his mouth. "You know... I typically don't like it when people call me James, it seems too formal, but I like when you call me that." Bucky said in a low almost raspy voice. It was sexy, not gonna lie. I felt the tips of my ears heat up like crazy. 'What is wrong with me?' I thought. He immediately stood up and offered me a hand as if nothing happened. "What?" I asked, trying to get myself cooled down.

"I want to teach you something." James persuaded. "Ok..." I said slightly questioning what the hell was happening. He grabbed my left hand on his right shoulder. Then he took my right hand and held it in his left, and then he rested his right hand on the small of my back. "Are you going to teach me to dance? Because if you are you should know, I have two left feet." I told James. "I'm not just going to teach you how to dance. I'm going to teach you how to swing dance." He said with confidence evident in his voice. "Uh Yeah... Are you out of your mind?! I'm never going to be able to do that!" I raised my voice. "It's not that hard. You can do it." James convinced. "Ok," I said hesitantly. He walked me through the basics, but I still sucked. I kept stepping on his toes, stepping with the wrong foot, or just plain falling on my ass. I was really trying my hardest though.

Bucky's P.O.V.

Yeah. It pretty much went exactly like I thought it would. Alexandra was pretty bad, but it was cute how hard she was trying. I noticed that when she concentrated hard enough she would stick her tongue out. "James, can we stop? Please?" She begged. 'She is never going to stop calling me James. Oh well. It's not like I was lying earlier.' I thought "I don't know... can we?" I knew I was frustrating her. "May we?" She corrected herself. "We may," I replied.

We were in the elevator on our way down to dinner she Alexandra spoke up. "Pretty sucky date, don't ya think?" 'What are you talking about' was written all over my face. "The diner I mean." I stiffened up. "That was a date?" I asked slightly worried. "No. I'm just messing with you." She said holding back her laugh. She finally lost it and started cracking up at her own joke that really wasn't funny. I was just laughing because she was.

Suddenly her face went blank, and she turned sheet white. "Alexandra?" I asked trying to get her attention.

No response...

I started to wave my hand in front of her face.

No response...

That's when she collapsed on the floor, nearly busting her head open...