She’d told him; you’ve got to let this go, Brendon, or it’ll just control your life for as long as you live.

And what do you mean by let this go?

She had sighed, looking sadly at him like he’d already disappointed her before she’d even given him his advice; forgive and forget. Let your family rest in peace. Holding on to this tragedy is only going to hinder you in the future.

He’d gotten so fucking angry and stormed out of the office because how dare she? How dare she say he let go of what happened, like all that happened was equivalent to a kid dropping his ice-cream in the park or some shit? She didn’t know how he felt! She wasn’t in his shoes! All she did was study to get a degree so she could get paid to fucking psycho-analyse people. Was she freaking insane?

It was around that time that he’d stopped seeing his therapist, deciding to deal with his issues on his own. It may not have been one of his brightest ideas, but he didn’t really care. He was not going to shit on his family’s memories by forgiving what happened. That was the most ridiculous piece of advice he’d ever received.

Brendon’s phone suddenly vibrated, bringing him out of his stupor and he nearly jumped out of his skin before a slow grin spread across his face as he reached for the device.

Look out the window :P

Brendon’s heart was already beating excitedly as he rushed to the bedroom window of his apartment and glanced outside. He was on the fourth floor, so he wasn’t too far up and he could see Spencer clearly. The other beta was dressed sexily in a grey form-fitting t-shirt and a pair of white pants. His afro had been trimmed closer to his head and his dark skin shone healthily in the light of the setting sun.

“Well hello there, handsome prince!” Brendon called out dramatically, fluttering his eyelashes and waving the tips of his fingers like the omegas did in the stereotypical cartoons of the eighties, “whatever are you doing by my window at this hour?”

“I have a surprise for you, my love!” Spencer replied and his grin was positively contagious.

Brendon’s eyes widened and he dropped the act when Spencer suddenly pulled out a large boom box.

“Good lord, do those things still exist?” he asked in amazement.

Brendon flushed and pressed a finger against his lips in a shushing motion. “I had to sell my soul to get this, love, so you better love it.”

He put the boom box on the floor and pressed the play button. Soft piano music drifted out, followed by guitars and then drums. Spencer inhaled dramatically, puffing out his chest and then began to sing.

And he sounded like a dying animal.

“Oh my god, stop!” Brendon cried, laughing so hard his eyes got hot with tears, “please! Please! Stop!”

Spencer only sang louder, waving his hands in the air and twirling around the boom box and Brendon was laughing so badly that no sound was coming out of his mouth and he was hiccupping in the back of his throat.

He picked up his wallet, phone and keys and practically ran out of his apartment, locking the door behind him. He didn’t bother using the elevator, rushing down the stairs and bursting out of the front door.

Spencer’s dark eyes were twinkling when he saw Brendon approaching, but that didn’t stop his theatrics so Brendon did what he loved doing ever since he and the other beta had acknowledged their mutual interest. He threw his hands around Spencer’s neck and crushed their lips together, kissing him long and hard.