Chapter Three

Chapter Three

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Mhm."

"Are you sure? Did you double check? I don't want you calling me in the middle of work."

Tom Hanson groaned and rolled his eyes, "I'm sure, sis. Stop getting your panties in a twist, okay? I double checked everything." He was lying and he knew that Tania probably knew he was lying but that really didn't stop him from lying.

"Stocked up on fruits and water and stuff for a huge meal and all that jazz?" Tania asked disbelievingly.

"Mhm," Tom replied distractedly, hands carefully coating around the plate forming in his hands from wet clay. There was a silence on the other end of the line and then his twin sister suddenly screeched into the phone like a dying banshee and Tom jumped with a yelp, nearly ruining his new plate, "Tania!" he cried indignantly, "what is wrong with you?"

"Is that what you're going to be doing, Tom?" she asked dryly, "Making pots and pans while you're in heat? You know that's not healthy. Imagine getting to the intense stages and you end up making a clay phallus –"

"Oh my God," Tom blushed furiously, this time ruining the smooth plate as his hands tightened around the plate momentarily and he did not think about the polished ceramic phallus – including a well, painstakingly designed knot – locked up somewhere in his room – no he absolutely did not, "time to end this call. Goodbye."

"Call me if you need anything."

"I will, bye."

"Take care."

"Please end the call."

Tania giggled and he was soon met with the dialling tone of the phone as she went off the line. He rolled his eyes at his twin sister's concern and took a second to stop blushing and feeling dirty inside then continued moulding the clay in his hands, his tongue poking out of the corner of his lips and brows creased in concentration. He was so focused on his work that by the time he was ready to fire up the clay, he was half-hard.

That meant that he had about two, three hours tops before his heat hit him full on.

And he didn't have anything to help.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

He flew off his chair and stumbled to his room, quickly putting on about three suppressor pads – just in case – also spraying a retardant that would cover his heat scent and keep all unwanted alphas and betas away. He made sure he was covered warmly from head to toe against the biting cold outside then he picked up his car keys and jumped into his car, immediately revving the engine and pulling out of the driveway.

It had snowed again that morning but thankfully it was late enough that most of it had melted off the driveway and the roads but it was still a struggle to drive because he was literally the only one that lived in this part of the north of Sendorai, the biggest kingdom in Maviz. The kingdom was located right on top of their planet and sloped all the way down to the east and west, making it the ideal place to live because you could literally go from living in the cold mountains – like Tom did for his heat – and travel just a couple hours back into summer and sunshine like it was no big deal.

It was no wonder the place was becoming overpopulated.

The journey to the nearest sign of life was two hours and by then, Tom had started sweating lightly and he was more than ready to get naked and filled.

Just the word 'filled' had him swallowing back a moan and shifting a little in his chair, thanking the goddesses he had on his suppressor pads as he felt his stomach begin to clench.