Happy Birthday, Sweetheart - Chapter 3 (MJJ Imagine No. 9 for Helena in Sweden)

You turn over onto your back and open your eyes to find Michael looking at you. “Good morning, Sweetheart.” He leans forward and kisses you. You smile.

“Mmm, last night was wonderful.”

“You were wonderful. Happy birthday, Sweetheart. I have something for you.”

“Something else? Your proposal, this ring, this house. They weren’t my birthday present?”

“Nope. They’re all for us. I have something just for you.”

“What is it?”

“Something you’ve always wanted.”

“You gave me that last night more than once.”

 He laughs.

“Helena, Helena, Helena. I wasn’t talking about that.” He kisses you once more. “I’ll be right back.” You watch him get out of bed and put his bathrobe on. He leaves the bedroom and comes back a few minutes later.

 You sit up when he comes back in.

“Oh my God!” you exclaim while laughing. Michael gets on the bed and hands you the cutest little Beagle puppy. The puppy looks up at you and starts licking your face. You give it a little hug. “She’s so cute.”

“She’s actually a he.”

“Does he have a name?”

“Not yet. He’s only nine weeks old. What would you like to name him?”

A smile spreads across your face. You look at Michael then back at the puppy.  “You’ll just laugh.”

“No I won’t.”

“You obviously know how long I’ve wanted a dog and that I’ve wanted a Beagle.”

“Are you going to name him Snoopy?”

“No. Jackson. I want to name him Jackson.”

“Jackson?”

“I’ve always wanted a Beagle named Jackson, after the boy, who’s now a man, that I’ve always admired.”

He leans forward and kisses you. Jackson pops his little head up and you each get a wet kiss on your chins. You both break out into laughter, fall back on the bed and play with little Jackson.

Comments are welcome.

Please vote if you liked it.

Thanks!  ~ Vicki