True Snowstorm Horror Story #3

"When I was younger, me and my friends would always have big manhunt games in the snow. This one January night when we were 13 and there was this crazy blizzard going on, we continued our tradition. We had a group of six people playing, three in each team. The game was more or less tag but it involved hiding and running to an assigned safe point, which for us was the front stoop. It was fun in the summer but the snow only made it so much better but with the snow adding as a hiding and slowing down factor, hunting down footprints and even using snowballs as weapons to slow down chasers, It was the most fun game of our childhoods until this particular year, things turned pretty bad. It was our turn to hide, I'll give you the names of my teammates to make things more easy to follow. Dan and Christian, Dan hopped the fence to someone's backyard on the other side of the block which wasn't really cheating as we had no limits with this game. Christian jumped on top of my other friends shed in the backyard and hid behind the sloped roof. I thought I'd be sneaky and started running all around the backyard to create a seemingly endless trail of footprints when our friends from the other side of the house announced that they were coming. I had to think quickly, I did something that wasn't too pleasant, first I signaled for Christian atop the roof to run if I were to run myself and then I hopped in the bushes and lay flat in the snow. Two of the others entered the backyard and started analyzing the crazy footprint paths I created, I knew it would lead to me though, so I had to be ready to run if they got close. They were getting closer to the bushes I was hiding in, so Christian jumped down from the shed into the snow and darted for the front lawn, the two chased after him in both directions. I knew the stoop would be guarded right now, so I took this opportunity to better hide myself. I decided to follow Dan's approach and hopped onto the roof of the shed, then over the fence to the backyard on the other side of the block. I didn't see Dan anywhere though, I looked for his footprints but quickly found some other kind of tracks in the snow, by the fence were a few boot marks from where Dan must've landed but then quickly the marks turned to a steady trail of something being pushed or dragged through the snow. I followed the trail to the back door of the pitch black house and then it stopped, I quickly put two and two together, my heart sank. I turned and headed back to the fence to hop over and call for my friend's parents but about halfway across the yard I heard the sliding door to the house open and someone wearing a black coat with a hood covering their face emerged and started stomping over to me. I screamed like a girl as I pulled myself up over the fence just barely making it before he could grab my legs, all my friends came running into the backyard, then shortly after my friend's parents came out the back door. I told them what happened and the mom phoned the police while the dad stormed to the other side of the block with a gun and knocked on the door, there was no answer so he let himself in as we watched. The door was unlocked, he had us wait outside and within a few minutes came out with Dan in his arms, he was knocked out, his face looked red and wounded as if he were hit in the face by a shovel or something. There was no car in the driveway indicating the guy left when I escaped his yard, he never returned to his house and I'm pretty sure he's still wanted by police to this day. It just goes to show anybody out there, even your next-door neighbor may be a predator, just waiting for an opportunity to strike".
-Unknown, Mr.Nightmare did not say who this story was by.