True Social Media Horror Story

-King.Dube

"I was on Instagram browsing through my feed, I saw my best friend Alexis posted a picture of herself sitting by the side of her backyard pool with her friend so I liked it and planned on leaving the comments. I read through all her other comments first and at the very bottom a comment left only a minute ago was from a man with the username Jam00235, It said "you're a very hot little lady". I should mention that we're both 16 and when I clicked on this guy's profile he appeard to be like 40. Most of his pictures were of random landscapes, some were of varying random objects like a half-full bottle of beer and some weird stone statue. Most of his pictures had no likes, some had like one or two likes at most. He only had 15 followers yet he followed over 100 people including Alexis. I texted her about the comment and told her she should remove it and block his account, she promptly replied "Yeah, I know, it's so creepy". She blocked the account and I went about liking and commenting on the picture like I originally planned on doing. The next day after school Alexis and I walked home together since we lived
right across the street from eachother. On our way home we noticed a white car driving slowly in the street next to us, it was a little suspicious so Alexis told me to come to her house with her. Whoever was driving that car slowed down when we got to her house then sped away as soon as we entered, it was the sketchiest thing we had ever seen and we almost felt like we were being followed. I stayed over at Lexi's house for the rest of the day. We worked on our biology project together then we just hung out until late at night since we had no school the next day. It was often that i'd spend the whole day at Lexi's house this was one of those times. We ordered a pizza since Lexi's parents weren't home and that also meant that it was just the two of us in the house so we were being as loud as we wanted. We heard a knock at the front door of the house just slightly though since we were upstairs in her room. Alexis went down stairs to open the door but she's a really cautious person so when I didn't hear her open the front door I had a feeling she was peeking out the window to make sure it was the pizza guy. I was confused when I heard her quietly rushing back up the stairs into her room, she shut the door and looked at me with her mouth wide open and said theirs some creepy guy on my stoop. I didn't believe her, I thought it had to be the pizza guy. I went downstairs with her to check the window, there was no one on the stoop though as she was swearing that she wasn't lying the door knob to the back door turned, someone tried pushing the door open but the lock prevented it. We looked at eachother with horrified expressions on our faces and ran back to her room, she locked the door and sat in fear on her bed. We thought as long as we waited in her room we would be okay and whoever was out there would go away but something completely unexpected happened next. Alexis screamed and pointed at the window where a man's head was visible looking into the room. The man was holding a camera up to the glass. What made this site even more horrifying was the fact that we were on the second floor which meant this man climbed up onto the patio roof. I screamed in horror too as we ran to the basement perhaps the safest place in the house. We stayed down there for the rest of the night until Lexi's parents came home and we told them all about what happened, they were shocked but really what could anyone do. I went home that night to see a text on my phone from Alexis saying she just looked back at the random man's Instagram account and saw that the person's face matched the person who was at the window. I looked at it too and agreed. I told her to report the account to the authorities, she didn't know how and honestly I didn't either so I told her to wait until the next day to figure it out, however, the next day the account was deleted either that or renamed. No-one ever saw that man again but we do keep our Instagram accounts on private now".
(I previewed this story that I wrote and realized a couple of spaces and a line that had been skipped, I tried to fix it but nothing worked so bear with me. This took a good 10-15 minutes for me to type up since I had to listen to the story while I was typing. If you have any suggestions on what I should make a story about, let me know. Also, find any grammar mistakes please let me know.)