True Snowstorm Horror Story #2

"When I was 17 years old and I was home alone, coincidentally on the night that I tried pot for the first time, I experienced the most horrifying moment of my life. It was mid-December during a late fall snowstorm, I was in my room with some movie on in the background, Mrs. Doubtfire if I recall correctly, though I wasn't paying attention to it. I was trying to figure out how to properly inhale without coughing, I think I spent about half an hour breathing in smoke from that pipe, yet I couldn't even tell if I felt any different, for maybe another ten minutes I still continued at it and finally, I felt a little different. It was a new feeling, hard to explain, at the time I felt as if the room around me felt more calming and I was more attentive to my surroundings or maybe less attentive, I couldn't really tell, all I know is I felt different. I was excited, I wanted to keep going, then suddenly I felt as if I heard a sound come from downstairs, I muted my TV and listened, it sounded like there was a tapping noise coming from the front door, like a light knocking. I got nervous that it was my parents or sister as I didn't know if I'd be noticeably acting differently or if they would be able to pick up on the smell from around the house. I headed downstairs and looked through the peephole, not to find my parents or sister but a severely underdressed, almost homeless looking man. To put this into perspective we don't live in the kind of suburbs that a lot of you most likely live in, we don't exactly live in a completely desolate area either, we have neighbors but houses are about 200 yards apart from each other which doesn't sound like much but it's a decent distance, so when a dark stormy night like this where we live with some random dirty looking man who I'd never seen before standing on my porch, I naturally pretended I wasn't home. I stood there and kept watching through the peephole as the guy stayed put, proceeding to knock on the door again, this time louder. I knew I wasn't going to answer so I walked back upstairs to my room and shut the door. In the sense, I felt bad but I would never let a stranger into my house and I couldn't imagine what else he could have wanted other than to be let in. Time passed as I continued hitting the pipe, getting more adjusted to it and really starting to feel it's effects. I felt like my mind was wandering, forgetting I was even laying in my bed or even in my bedroom for that matter when there was a loud thud at my window. I jumped up quicker than a mousetrap when I heard it, it sounded like a rock had hit my window. I shut off the TV now, the only source of light in the bedroom, now it was pitch black. It took me a while to connect this with the man who was at the stoop, he was out there, I was in here, there's nothing he could do to me, I somehow assured myself, however, being high only made me more paranoid and afraid of every little noise, in fact, I even seemed to be more alert to every sound, even the small little house noises, like random cracks in the walls. Nothing happened after a few minutes and being in the pitch darkness kind of tired me out, that and apparently, I just learned that pot puts you to sleep more effectively than sleeping pills. I awoke sometime later thinking it must have been like 3:00 in the morning but I looked at the clock and it said it was only a quarter to one, I had only been asleep for like 20 minutes. I sat up thinking I heard something from down in the den, I rubbed my eyes and then I remembered the man. My heart started racing again, I was about to get up when I realized something across the room, there was something beyond my half-open door. I leaned in and squinted my eyes, there was somebody peering into the room at me from behind the door. I let out the most horrified and gut-wrenching scream possible as a person then emerged from the door and started walking over to my bed in the dark. "I-I just need a warm place to stay", I had no choice but to shove him to the floor when he made it to my bed, it was then that I realized he was a very skinny and weak man, I was able to drag him up and push him to the front door with force, he tried to fight and resist but he was too weak to do anything, he was crazy, I could see it in his eyes. I shoved him outside and locked the door, then called the cops. I stayed downstairs where he had broken the glass to get inside just to make sure he couldn't get back in. When the cops arrived, they found him sitting in my front bushes curled up in a ball, they took him to the station and he was no longer my problem, so do I feel bad about this today? I guess I do a little, he was undoubtedly crazy but I don't know how dangerous he was, it was still, either way, the scariest experience of my life".
-Unknown, Mr.Nightmare did not say who this story was by.