[17]

---

---

It was Bella's birthday and I knew how much she hated the fact she was eighteen. I mean, eighteen isn't that great of a year in America, you can't drink yet (legally), the only upside was you could go to college, or university as I called it.

Bella saw eighteen as being older than Edward when in reality he was like a gazillion (a slight exaggeration) and she was nowhere near older than him. She saw it as one step closer to death. Basically, she was hella dark when she thought of her birthday. So I did what any supportive sister would do: I made sure to make her birthday known.

I was next to Charlie as he knocked on the door. He entered the room.

"Happy birthday, Bella," he spoke, presents in his hands. I followed behind him, holding my present to her.

"Happy birthday, Bells," I said, moving to sit next to her on her bed. 

"I thought we agreed, no presents," Bella argued. 

"Well, the one from me is not wrapped. So, doesn't count," Charlie defended, handing her the camera. 

"It's actually great. Thanks, Dad," she replied, sending him a small smile.

"Uh, goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated. Well, she coordinated me," he told. "It's to put your pictures in, from senior year."

"This one's from me." I handed her a small box. She opened it, a small bracelet inside. "It matches mine," I explained, holding out the small bracelet that said my name on it. "It has your name."

"It's beautiful," she spoke, hugging me.

"Now get ready for senior year," I exclaimed, getting up. 

"Senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?" Charlie joked. 

"I didn't. It's not that old."

"I don't know. Is that a grey hair?" Charlied questioned. Bella jumped up, rushing to her mirror and checking her hair. 

"No. No way," she spoke as she did so. She glared at him.

"Happy Birthday." He held up his hands in surrender as he left the room.

"It's really funny."

"See you, Grandma," I quipped before rushing out of the room, a pillow narrowly missing me. 

---

I was in the truck with Bella. We arrived at school and I hopped out of the vehicle and went straight to Angela, Eric, Mike and Jess. Bella joined me. 

"Today's the big day, Bella," Jess announced. Bella slowed, panicking slightly. "Uh, R and J essay due?"

"Oh, yeah," Bella replied. 

"Wherefore art thou, Bella?" Mike spoke. 

"I wanna take a picture of you guys. My Mom wants me to put together, like a scrapbook full of memories," Bella explained. I skipped over to the group.