School

Nova entered her school entrance and that's where her and Henry split up. The high school was on the upper floors and middle school on the lower floors. She ran into her best friend Katie waiting at her locker.

Nova smiled "hey Kay, how's it going?" "Katie looked up from her phone and smiled. "You're finally here! I was waiting for forever dude." Nova laughed " yeah well I tried skipping but I got shot down." Nova loaded her back pack in her locker and grabbed her books for class. " I can smell the wine on your breath still!" Katie laughed.

The girls entered their comp class. They found their usual group of friends. Max Wilder, the son of Pete and Violet, and their other friend Hayden Coles. He was the son of a couple doctors who worked at Saint Ambrose hospital.

"Hey guys!" Katie said as she sat next to them. "Hey guess who got invited to a high school party this weekend!" Max said excitedly. Nova was ecstatic, her friends were friendly with everyone which meant they always scored the best party invites. " whose is it?" Nova asked.

"It's Sean Crosses." Nova's smile dropped. Sean was good friends with Henry which meant he'd be going, which meant she couldn't. In her parents eyes she was far to young to go to any high school parties so if she wanted to go she had to sneak around. Henry was her protective older brother who disapproved of his sisters behavior.

"Seriously? I can't go!" Nova said disappointed. "Maybe you can convince your parents? They're actually pretty cool Nov." Max said. Their conversation was cut short by Mr. Carlson, their teacher.

"Alright students, take your seats. I'm passing out last weeks test scores." He said as he went around to each desk. Nova didn't do well and she really didn't care. She was right, she failed. "I had Henry in my class a couple years ago, I expected more Ms. Rilley." Mr. Carlson said with a disapproving look.

Lunch Time*

Nova joined the group again at lunch at their usual table. "I'm officially dropping out of middle school." She said as she sat down. " yeah good luck with that." Hayden said. "It's so not fair! Everyone expects me to be just like Henry- just like my parents! What if I'm not?!" She said annoyed. "Dude you'll live, at least you don't have an annoying little sister!" Katie said with a smirk.

"Okay look we'll tell your parents your staying with Lauren." Hayden said. Lauren was a friend Nova had for awhile, they weren't as close as they were but they still occasionally talked. " okay and when Henry sees me?" Nova asked. " well hopefully you'll be so drunk it won't matter." Max said laughing. "You know what? I'm in!" Nova said.

The rest of the day went by as usual and Nova found her father Jake picking her up from school, Henry said back for football practice.