Chapter 42: "The Magi named Judar!"

Start from the beginning

"Ah!" Annalise says as she jumps back.

"What's up with this brat? He's awfully rude." Sinbad says.

"OWWW!" Judar yells.

"Sinbad! You can't! He's—" Serendine says.

"AH!" Sinbad says as he's forced to let go.

"A borg?" Jafar asks, "It's a defensive maneuver that repels attacks. But only magicians should be able to use it."

"Hmph naturally. Just who do you think I am? I'm a world-creating magician, possessor of the strongest Magoi. I'm a Magi." Judar says.

"A MAGI!" Annalise says.

'Magi?' Sinbad's thoughts ask.

"We did hear about them in Artemyra. The legendary magicians that have appeared during critical junctions in history." Jafar says.

"And this kid is one of them?" Sinbad asks.

"You done get it, huh? I'll prove to you that I'm a real magi!" Judar says and touches Zepar.

"Don't! You can't do that in a place like this—" Serendine says.

"Shut up!" Judar yells as a bright light covers the area. Everyone looks up in shock to see Zepar above them.

"Well, well, what's happened? To make me appear in my true form? Where did you get... such vast quantity of Magoi?" Zepar asks.

"Zepar! Over here!" Judar yells.

"Oh! Magi so it was you!" Zepar says bowing his head.

'Zepar is bowing down to this kid?!' Jafar's thoughts ask shocked.

"That's right. You don't know much about Magi, do you? A Magi is a great magician loved by the Rukh. All Djinn greatly respect the Magi and obey their wishes. I can see how you might be a bit bewildered after all you became a dungeon conqueror without the guidance of a magi. But he is definitely a true Magi." Zepar says.

'Wait... Didn't we... meet a Magi before? I wonder how Yunan is anyway.' Annalise's thoughts say.

"So! You get it now?" Judar asks.

"But... Magi... The Rukh around you... could it be...?" Zepar says before Judar forces Zepar back into the sword.

"Well, you've gotten the point already." Judar says, "I'm a real Magi."

'Zepar noticed it too. The feeling I got the moment he walked over.' Annalise's thoughts say. Annalise grabs Sinbad's sleeve and Sinbad looks at her.

"I'm getting a strange feeling from this boy. He doesn't give off the same reading as Yunan." Annalise whispers almost silently into Sinbad's ear.

"And? Why is a great Magi like you here?" Jafar asks hiding Annalise and Sinbad's whispering.

"That's obvious! I came to see the King!" Judar says.

"King?" Sinbad asks.

"Ah, don't misunderstand! I don't mean you! I mean this woman here!" Judar says and takes Serendine's hand, "Serendine conquered Zepar's Dungeon, a Dungeon I created! You know that Magi create dungeons to choose kings, don't you? Which means this woman is my king!"

"That again?! Listen, I haven't accepted your offer yet!" Serendine says.

"What? You're still complaining? Just give it up. Let's go take back Parthevia already. I'll make you Queen!" Judar says.