"Yes,"

"Why do you think he is trying to kill you?" 

"Because I know all of his dirty little secrets." She said with a sigh.

"Seven years ago I was working on a big lawsuit with my firm; a motor vehicle company had neglected to recall their cars after the discovery of a defect in the breaking system. This neglect led to causing the death of two people and the injuring and disabling of over seventy people and at the time Jeffery was the CEO.  While we were preparing the case a woman came to the firm claiming that she had evidence that the company knew about the defect but did nothing about it. Our whole case rested on her testimony.  Our witness backed out last minute but she told me that Jeffery was also embezzling money from the company. Then a few days later she committed suicide." Victoria paused to take a sip at her water before she continued. "I found out that my roommate who worked at the firm with me was selling information to Jeffery about the case. Next thing I knew I was under investigation for tampering with evidence. I would have lost my job if it wasn't for Owen. He struck a deal with Jeffery that we would settle the case we wouldn't bring up the embezzling. He agreed and it seemed as if overnight everything went back to normal.  Had I known all of this would happen I would have just said something back then" She ended with a sigh.

James stared down at Victoria as he processed all of the information she had given him and he couldn't help but wonder how she went through all of the by herself.

"This is a lot deeper than I thought, it's a good thing I'm taking over this case I don't trust the detective on your case."

"You think Rooks is dirty?"

"Yeah and I don't think she's the only one, how else can you explain the sudden disappearance of your detail, and how your attacker knew that you were alone?"

Victoria chewed at her bottom lip as she realized just how far Jeffery's reach was.

"I'm posting four agents on this floor and several around the hospital. You're safety is top priority"

"You haven't heard from Dante have you? I called him but his phone is off."

"No, I thought he was supposed to stay with you last night?"

"I made him take mom home and I haven't seen him since. I'm starting to get worried."

"Maybe he went home and just crashed. I will stop by his place on my way to meet my team."

"Thanks Uncle James."

"No problem Vic you just worry about getting better."

After James left Victoria  called Gaby and apologized for putting her through so much strife. She promised not to pull her visitation rights anymore. She was about to ask Gaby if had heard from Dante when there was knock at her door.

"Come in," she yelled. "Mom I'll see you later, "she said ending the call as a female agent walked into the room.

"Ms. Gregorio there is an Owen Lawson here to see you." She said and Victoria rolled her eyes, she was wondering when the jerk would show up.

"You can let him in,"  

As soon as Owen walked in her eyes narrowed.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you, Jesus Vic who did this to you?" Owen said his shock expressed clearly on his face.

"Who do you think?"

Owen let out a sigh as he set the flowers he had brought down.

"I told you to let this case go, all of this could have been avoided if-"