Chapter 27: Blame Game

Benjamin POV:

"Kareem, Kareem, KAREEM! All this talk about this nigga, but he ain't the only one that's dying behind this gun." She snickered.

"Let me make myself clear, BENJI... One of us ain't leaving this room alive. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm walking out of this bitch breathing."

My palms were starting to sweat and my heart was beating out of my chest. The more my phone kept going off, the more agitated Kenyé became.

"So this is your plan? Kill me and Kareem, then go on about your life." I asked, trying to stall and think of a plan.

"Well... I've already killed a couple people. I'm very calculated, Benji. You're just not as smart." She smiled. "But to answer your question, I wanna take away everything Kareem has. So whatever that includes... So be it."

"Did you even think this through, Kenyé? You're not gonna get away with this. And if you do, you're gonna die trying."

She laughed harshly and smiled as my eyes followed everywhere she pointed the gun.

"Whose gonna stop me? No one would ever think little ole me could ever pull off something like this. At that, who would come looking for a daughter that no one knows exist?"

There was no way I was getting out of this. At this point, I was starting to accept my fate. I watched as she pulled open a drawer and grabbed a silencer. She placed it on the tip of the gun and aimed it at me once more.

"Any last words?" She asked.

I just stared at her.

I know everyone has to die one day, but a nigga didn't think he was going out like this. This is exactly why I wanted to get out of this. If I didn't know Kareem, I wouldn't even be in this mess. If Rebel didn't know me, she wouldn't be caught up in this shit either. Maybe Demetri was right about me staying away from her.

Just the thought of something happening to Rebel because of me, has my heart in the bottom of my stomach. What about my brother and sister? Gianni? I got shit to lose and people that depend on me. Yet, here I am... About to die behind some bullshit.

"Damn, nothing?" She said sarcastically. "Tell my moms I said hi."

I gasped soon as I seen her finger wrap around the trigger.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Before Kenyé could pull the trigger, there was a knock at the door. I was thanking God on the inside, but I was worried about who it could be.

"Who the hell is that?" She said through clenched teeth, aiming the gun at the door.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?!" I whispered with my hands up.

Still aiming the gun at me, she went and peeked out the blinds.

"FUCK! Okay... Okay." She said to herself.

She took a deep breath and looked at me, while lowering the gun. I sighed with relief and put my hands down, but the look on Kenyé's face told me this was far from over.

"The fuck you relaxing for?" She asked. "You thought this shit was over, because someone showed up?"

Before I could answer, She hit me in the back of the head with the butt of the gun, dropping me to my knees. She yanked me by the back of my shirt, making me get back up. I stumbled as she guided me to the back of the house, leading me to Bia's old bedroom. Once she heard the knock at the door again, she pushed me inside the room.

"Kenyé, you don't hav—"

MMPH! 

She hit me again across the face with the gun, knocking me to the floor. I was fading in and out of consciousness as she squatted down beside me.