( scene seventeen. )

┏━ tribulation.
( SCENE 17 ) ━┛

TERREN places a newly arrived letter in Ismene's hand, bearing the familiar and heart warming sigil of her maiden house

TERREN places a newly arrived letter in Ismene's hand, bearing the familiar and heart warming sigil of her maiden house. The dire wolf was a calming site indeed and with such a formal display it could be no one other than her father announcing official news. She broke the seal away with a crack and hungrily began to read. Indeed, it was her fathers small, conservative script covering the paper, detailing some important news.

"What might it be, m'lady?" Terran asked as she stood a few feet away. "If you don't mind me asking, of course." Fenrir wandered up to the man's side and took a seat, allowing Terran to give him a scruff on his big fluffy head. The dire wolf had grown accustomed to the guard's presence ever since he began shadowing Ismene. He was one of the few that could touch the beast.

Ismene looked up in glee at her guard, flashing him bright smile. "My father tells me that the King is on his way to Winterfell and he requests that Lukas and I make an appearance," she tells her friend and guard.

Terran is quiet for a moment as the Estemore girl continues to scan the letter.

"What might the King be riding so far north for?" Terran asks, voicing the same question they'd both been thinking. It was unnatural, indeed, for the King to travel such a distance when everyone in the Kingdoms came to him. It must be important enough for the notoriously lazy man to make such an effort as to travel north.

Ismene shrugged as she set the letter on the table beside her. It wasn't normal for the King to even leave the capital, let alone if the said King was Robert Baratheon. Either way, they would find out soon enough.

"We'll know once we arrive," she tells him as she grips the chair near her. She is suddenly taken over by a sense of nausea and she grabs the chair with both of her hands. Her stomachs churns in the horrible way that is all too familiar as he creeps it's way up her throat.

"M'lady?" Terran asks, noticing the sudden change.

Before Ismene can even lift a finger she is bolting toward the empty chamber pot near her side of the bed. It was quite embarrassing to be unleashing the contents of her stomach in front of a man, being a noble lady, but in that moment she didn't care as tears welled in her eyes and her throat burned. Once she was finally able to utter a word with drool hanging off her lips, she ordered Terran to get help.

"Find Lady Evolet," she croaked as she felt another wave hitting her. Terran must've have been utterly confused as be bolted out of the door and down the hall, the sound of his armor clinking as he ran. Not long after, he came back with her good-sister following close behind.

"Ismene?" Evolet exclaimed as she rushed over and pulled Ismene's long locks away from her face. Just as she was finishing up, Terran had obtained a cloth and was handing it to Evolet. The girl began to clean up Ismene's face.