( scene sixteen. )

┏━ tribulation.
( SCENE 16 ) ━┛

"ISMENE, are you alright?" Evolet's question suddenly snaps the girl out of her day dreaming as she remembers she had been having tea with her good-sister that afternoon

"ISMENE, are you alright?" Evolet's question suddenly snaps the girl out of her day dreaming as she remembers she had been having tea with her good-sister that afternoon. She tried so hard to stay focused the days after hearing the uncanny prophesies from the witch in the village, yet even at night, when curled up next to sleeping Lukas, she couldn't shove them away. They seemed to follow her wherever she went. The thoughts of Aubrey and Darik terrified her even more when she really tried to analyze them.

"Yes, I am," Ismene replies as she reaches for the tea she'd barely touched, which was cold by now. They sat together in her chambers while Lukas was off performing his duties as he did everyday. With him away so much, it seemed that he had been distant as of late. At nights he would come to their room to sleep and that was all that she saw of him as by morning he would be gone again. She hoped dearly it wasn't because they hadn't come together yet as everyone believed. Part of her knew he wasn't that type of man, but she also wasn't quite sure.

Evolet, she too with her mind swirling with thoughts, had spent a fortnight trying to keep her nerves at bay and do everything in her power not to cave and tell Ismene about her love for Robb and beg for her to do something about it. She'd confirmed the feeling once they'd left Winterfell, when she wasn't entirely too far from Robb and she felt as if she could just run back to his arms and no one would notice. Even when she reminisced on their intimate night together did she feel her heart swell and her breath hitch. She wanted it back so badly that she almost felt as if there were nothing else to live for.

Though Ismene had been acting different since she'd heard the eerie prophesies, she knew she wasn't alone, not with the way Evolet seemed to carry herself when she wasn't locking herself up in her chambers. Even when they'd been in Winterfell, she'd seen the strange way that Evolet had acted when the Mandal's arrived, how she looked invigorated even though it was early in the morning. Perhaps now would be a good time to ask.

"Evolet," Ismene says. The mention of her name seems to have the girl even more nervous, as her brown eyes are wide when she looks to Ismene. "Would you mind telling me what is wrong?"

Evolet adverts her gaze, seeming afraid to say anything. Ismene wants to prod and find out what was really running through her good-sister's head and perhaps find a solution.

"Evolet."

The girl shuffled uncomfortably before her tear filled brown eyes met Ismene's and the Estemore girl broke down into a gentle fit of sobbing. Ismene watched with wide eyes as she leaned forward and cupped her face with her hands.

"He told me— he told me we would be wed," Evolet sobs. Ismene watches her in bewilderment while trying to understand who he was. "He promised me."