Finding Food

3rd Person POV

As the baby continued to whine, the herd was trying to figure where to find food. "We're not gonna find food anywhere near here. We're surrounded by rocks," Dakota said bluntly.

Sid was trying to distract the baby, everything he did was failing.

"Well, there has to be something the thing can eat around here," Diego said slightly annoyed.

"Sure, feed the kid a rock and make him like Sid," Manny replied sarcastically. Sid's head perked up when he heard Manny talk about him. He walked over with his arms stretched out holding the baby.

"What's wrong with me?" He asked, acting offended. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him. The baby looked around at the mammals, wondering what was going on.

Sid just shrugged his shoulders, "Fine, I'll just sit over here and let you guys continue talking." When Sid turned around to walk off, something fell next to Manny.

"Hey, a melon." Manny picked the melon up with his trunk. "See, we found junior some food." Once that was said, a dodo bird knocked the melon out of Manny's trunk.

Everyone looked at the bird in shock as it picked the melon up with his mouth and ran off. "Well, what are we waiting for? An invitation? Let's follow that bird," Dakota said running off and getting everyone's attention.

The herd followed the dodo bird to a small cliff. "Look," Manny pointed out, "there's the melon."

The dodo set the melon down on a little stump. "Intruder!" He yelled once he saw the herd. All the dodo birds turned to the direction of the herd. They all yelled and ran to the stump with the melons, surrounding it to prevent the herd from getting them.

"Hey..um..We just came to get the melon that you're friend here stole from us," Manny explained, pointing at the melon and the dodo. They all looked at each other and the glared at Manny.

"You're melon? These are our melons to help us survive, you can't steal from us," the dodo in front proclaimed. "If you can't find your own food then doom on you!" The rest of the dodo birds started chanting 'doom on you' while pointing and marching towards the herd.

Manny stopped,"Alright, alright. We're just gonna take our melon and leave." Manny lifted his trunk and grabbed the melon. Once he did that, all the dodos piled on his trunk to knock the melon down.

One of the birds gently picked the melon up and set back on the stump.

"I'm starting to get really annoyed by these guys," Diego whispered to Dakota. She nodded in agreement. She and Diego sat with the baby and watched as Manny and Sid argued with the birds over the melons.

One of the dodo birds stood on a melon and slipped, "Oh no! No!" The baby crawled to the melon and sat down in front of it. "Retrieve the melon! T-Tae kwan dodos attack!"

Suddenly, three dodos jumped up and landed in a fighting stance. The one on right turned around to face the right way, and suddenly kicked the one next to him. The left one kicked the right one towards the baby. Right landed on his head and kicked the melon away from the baby and towards the other dodos.

One of them caught the melon in his mouth, threw it to the one closest to him, who caught it on his beak. It was then passed on to yet another one of the dim birds, who slid it down his back and to a dodo behind him.

The bird caught it on his beak and threw it off the cliff. All the dodos gasped, eight of the dodos ended up jumping off the cliff in a fleeting attempt to catch the melon.

One dodo whispered to another, "There goes our last female."

Dakota looks away from the cliff and towards the stump that holds the melons. She smirked when she saw Sid's hand feeling around for a melon. All the dodos suddenly turned around and gasped at the sight of Sid holding one of the two melons.

A few dodos ran towards Sid and started a pile to catch the melon. After three tries, the third dodo kicked it towards a tar pit where three other dodos fell in failing at getting the melon safe.

The remaining dodos turned to the stump and gasped, "The last melon..!"

Diego, Dakota, Manny, and the baby sat and watched as the dodos chased after Sid.

When Sid got cornered by the dodos, an idea sprung in his head. He held the melon close to him, turned his head, closed his eyes, and started running through the crowd of dodos with his hand out. The dodos went flying when the either got hit by Sid's hand or were trying to dodge him.

Once Sid made it through the crowd of dodos, he jumped up to celebrate and threw the melon on the ground. Everyone looked at the smashed melon. Diego growled at Sid, "Ah, Sid! Now we gotta find more food."

Dakota and Manny looked at the baby. "I don't think we need to Diego," Dakota said, nudging him.

Manny pointed at the melon, "Look, junior likes it."

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the super long wait. I haven't watched the movie in a few months, but suddenly I remembered the scene that had the dodos and fighting for food. I know it's not exactly like the actual scene, I decided to change it up some. When I was typing it, it got so confusing because of the dodos. I did put most of the actual things that happened in the scene. I looked the scene up when I got back home from having a fun day with family. I am trying to figure out to do for the next chapter. Next chapter is when they camp out for a night, teach junior to walk. I don't know if I should add some stuff to it or leave it.

I will leave that up to you, wonderful reader. I'm up for ideas. If you have any requests or anything, don't be afraid to hollar. Again like I said, sorry for the super long wait. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

~~~slycooper100