Thirty-eight - Bulletproof Heart

Start from the beginning

"Brendon!" Ryan cried, as my face flamed red. There was no way I was admitting to that, no matter how true it may or may not have been.

"Shut up, Brendon." I mumbled, and he laughed, handing me a can. "Besides, even if that did happen, you wouldn't want to know about it."

"Yes it does, and no I don't." I took a gulp of soda, and was in the middle of another mouthful when he spoke again: "How many times?"

It was safe to say that Ryan smelled of soda after that.

~

"So what have you been doing this weekend?" Gerard asked, twirling a few strands of my hair around his finger.

I looked up at him from my spot on the couch, leaning against him with my feet up on the leather. "Oh, y'know, just several threesomes with Brendon and Ryan."

He shrugged. "Seems legit. Watch out you don't get pregnant though."

I frowned. "Gerard, I'm the wrong gender for that."

"Aw, but..." He rubbed my stomach with his free hand. "What if a little baby suddenly started growing in there?"

I slapped his hand away, rolling my eyes and turning back to the movie we were meant to be watching. "You know full well I'm a guy - you've had my dick in your mouth enough times."

"True, true." He placed his hand back on my stomach, just resting it there, and I took it, linking our fingers together. "Would you ever want kids?"

"I beg your pardon?" I looked back up at him.

"I'm sure I spoke quite clearly." His eyebrows rose.

"But Gerard, I'm eighteen and we've been together for just under five weeks - why are you thinking about kids?"

He shrugged again. "Just curious. Like, in the future. Maybe two or three years' time, or even more than that, if you want."

I bit my lower lip. "It could always be a possibility..." I leaned up and kissed his jaw. "You're so weird."

"You wouldn't love me any other way, would you?"

I shook my head. "Not really." There was a pause. "I'm not supposed to be here."

"Why not?"

"Because a) we're meant to be on a break, b) I told my mom I was going to be at Brendon's, and c) I told Brendon and Ryan that I was going home."

"Oh, am I your dirty little secret, Frankie?" He breathed into my ear.

"You're hardly a secret, seeing as most of my friends and my mom know about you, and -"

He covered my mouth with the hand that had been in my hair. "Yeah, yeah, okay then." I licked his hand. "You don't know where that hand's been, honey."

I rolled my eyes, taking it away myself. "Chances are, I do know where it's been."

"True, true..." He patted my thigh. "C'mon, shift. I need coffee."

"You coffeeholic." I muttered, sitting up so he could stand, heading into the kitchen.

~

The following day, Ryan, Patrick, Pete and I gathered around Brendon's to apparently 'discuss logistics'. Brendon's words, not mine.

"What's the plan then?"