Cooky . Cheer up !

A man one wonder
Bats like thunder
A successor of Strauss
When he smiles
He looks like a mouse
Who is he ?
Looking so preetee !

I sang a song to Alastair Cook , our captain who had been  stuck in boredom for an hour now . 

Cooky clapped his hands .

Alastair Nathan Cook!!!!

Steven Finn continued .  Alastair sunk back on the sofa  and nodded his head.

''I don't look like a mouse   , Broady '', Cooky told me .

I put my arm around Steven Finn . '' This lad here is going to sing you a song that will send you packing ''.

Cooky shook his head .  I could see that Cooky didn't want to  listen to any song . 

Finny and I exchanged looks . How on earth were we going to get  Cooky out of his boredom ?

Hey wait !

That's it ! Eureka !

Only  one person  could cheer up Cooky  .  Swanny ! Graeme Peter Swann! I excused Finny and  walked over to Swanny's room .

'' No , you are not supposed to do a turn when it's  my turn !" I heard Swanny say to Jimmy .

James Anderson pouted at him and put another card on top of the stack .

''Jimmy ''! shouted Swanny .

Jimmy  put   took all the cards and threw them up in the air .

''OK , baby , but it's no time to play around like a freak  '', Swanny told him.

Jimmy  got up . ''That's it Swanny !  Don't  you dare make me play cards  with you again  !" he fumed .

Swanny begin to laugh helplessly .

'' Jimmy , you were the one cheating !" he  snorted . 

Jimmy ignored him and walked away .

I laughed  hysterically .   When Jimmy was out of sight , I ran over to Swanny .

''What ? '' asked Swanny . '' Did  you start a fire again ?"

I shook my head . I remember the time  when I set Kevin  Pietersen's head on fire  and Swanny had to run get some water  . Swanny is one of those lazy people . Make him run , he'll kill you .   Since than , KP hasn't been talking to me privately for  a week now .

''Swanny . Cooky is bored , so I want you to cheer him up '', I begged him.

Swanny nodded his head .  ''I'll make a poem dedicated to Alastair '', he  replied .

I gave Swanny a high five .

''So ?" asked Finny as soon as I  came back to Cooky's  room. 

''Swanny has the idea'', I replied .

Cooky took another bite of his chocolate biscuit .  I  patted his head .

He groaned and shook his head . He wasn't enjoying anything .

Swanny entered the room  holding onto a paper . He  stood in front of Cooky .

''Are you going to read me a story , Hansel and Gretel ?" inquired Cooky .

I inched closer to Cooky and whispered to his ear , ''Stop  asking ''.

Cooky groaned and looked up at Swanny .

''Come on Swanny , start '', I demanded.

Swanny  opened his mouth and looked at the paper .

He started off : Hello my name is Graeme Swann and I'm going to sing  a poem for  Alastair Cook .

He paused for a few minutes .  ''Did you have to write those lines as well?" I asked as Finny and I broke into laughter .

Swanny smiled at us and started to sing :
Born at 25th December
in a beautiful chamber
Alastair Cook
and the huge responsibility he took
as the successor of  Andrew  Strauss
the opponents he shook
by his wonderful batting
the number of runs he was getting
there is no question  about that
Oooh !!!!  Cooky you silly boy !
Love you ! oh cutie pie !

Cooky  told Swanny to stop .

I looked at Swanny  who had a nervous giggle on his face .

''Liked it ?"  Swanny inquired Cooky.

''Nice ..erm...but the last lines ..umm '', Cooky stammered .

Finny and I burst into laughter .

Cooky was finally cheered up thanks to Super Swanny 's poem and loud funny talking . 

The reason why we needed to  cheer Cooky up was because he was to coach and captain us for the upcoming match which was supposed to be against a surprise team .