Chapter 55// Real life

It was the 28th of June, the day of the premiere, and Thera was nervous. She had never been to a movie premiere before, let alone a Marvel one. She was scared that she would have a wardrobe malfunction, or that she would trip or embarrass herself in front of the other actors or say something wrong.

The young woman couldn't stop pacing back and forth in her room, imagining the any and all possible worst case scenarios. She eventually stopped and sat on her bed next to her dog, Raggy, who had been watching her walk around for the last hour.

Thera started petting Raggy, "You would've thought that standing in front of crowds wouldn't bother me anymore, yet here I am freaking out. I just can't help it you know?" As expected, she didn't get any answer. Raggy simply wagged his tail in response. Sighing, she grabbed her phone to call one of the only people she knew could calm her down: her sister.

She stood up while calling only for the call to go to voicemail.

"Of course she's not going to answer now," Thera muttered before looking through her contacts; she needed to talk to someone to calm down. She skipped past her best friends knowing they were busy for the moment.

She finally decided on calling Sam, her little brother, who despite the constant teasing, was able to have real conversations with her. To her relief, Sam picked up after a couple of rings.

"Is someone dead?" Sam directly asked.

"What? No, why would you think that?" Thera answered, confused.

"Well because you never call me and the last time you did, it was 3 years ago to tell me that our great-uncle Terry died. So I figured that someone else decided to kick the bucket."

"Haha. I call you... Sometimes... OK, you have a point but nobody died." Thera shook her head at her brother's antics.

"Well then, what's up?"

"Wait, I'm not interrupting or anything right? Aren't you at school?"

"No Thera, there's a time difference, remember? It's 5pm here. Anyways, what were you calling for? Even if it's not for a death." Sam's tone got more serious.

"Well I can't get a hold of Clara and all my friends are occupied right now so-"

"Oh so I'm your last choice?" Sam interrupted jokingly.

"No Sam, it's just I'm really nervous for tonight and I'm freaking out right now and I need to talk to someone because talking to Raggy isn't helping." Thera sighed, not in the mood to joke.

"Sis, relax. There's no reason to freak out. It's just a movie premiere. Don't make a big deal out of it, there's nothing to be afraid of. Plus, Tom's gonna be there so you should be fine."

Thera sighed, "Thanks Sam, I needed that. It's just that I've never been to a premiere and paparazzi kinda freak me out so I can't help but get nervous."

"You're a singer, and paparazzi freak you out? How the hell do you do it? And as I said, Tom will be there to guide you; you're gonna be completely and utterly fine. Now go get ready."

"Thank you so much Sam, love you!"

"Love you too sis, go kill them," Sam answered before hanging up.

Thera felt more calm after talking to her little brother, and it was definitely better than talking to her dog.

A while after, Thera heard her apartment's door open and close, signaling that Mae was back. After some more pep talk from Mae, the two of them finally started getting Thera ready.

A couple of hours later, Thera was finally prepared for the night. The nerves were back despite them having left just hours before.

A car pulled up in front of her apartment door. Thera walked up to it and entered the door that was opened for her. Climbing in, to her surprise, she saw a fully suited Spider-Man.

Confused she asked, "Tom? Why are you in the Spidey suit?"

But just then she saw Tom, in a proper suit, on the other side of the car. "Yeah, I forgot to tell you, he'll be on the windshield and taking pictures with the fans before we get out of the car." He simply smiled at her.

When they arrived at the beginning of Sunset Boulevard, the Spider-Man double quickly got out of the car and the two were side by side. "Are you ok, love?" Tom asked her.

Thera smiled warily, "Yeah just the nerves and all" she answered.

Tom looked at her and said: "By the way you look beautiful tonight."

The singer smiled, "You don't look too bad yourself, Holland."

Before she knew it, Tom got out of the car to open the door for her. Thera took a deep breath and stepped out of the car only to be surrounded by deafening screams.

She smiled, seeing all the fans that had come to see Tom and the Spider-Man cast. Tom was quick to go sign autographs. To her surprise, she also heard her name being called by the fans. She made her way to the fans who were asking questions about her, her music, and of course, Tom and her's "relationship".

After a while, she was ushered to the red carpet, next to Tom, to answer the interviewer's questions. As soon as Tom saw her, he extended an arm to bring her to his side.

"Well I see you didn't come alone Tom!" The interviewer immediately reacted, bringing a smile to Tom's lips. "Indeed, Thera's here with me! I needed to bring a friend with me to this premiere."

The interviewer then passed on to other subjects, most of them about the movie and Marvel. Thera answered a couple of questions.

After a few interviews, Tom and Thera continued walking the red carpet, finally arriving at the area where they had their pictures taken. Tom walked there naturally, without blinking an eye. Thera, however, took some time to adjust to the multiple cameras and screams, but she soon got used to it and smiled without faltering. She took a couple pictures alone before she took some with Tom, Robert, Zendaya, Jacob, Laura and Tony, both separately and all together.

All of the Homecoming cast were welcoming and nice to Thera, making her feel at home almost instantly. They were then all directed to the screening room. Everybody loved the movie, congratulating the directors and lead actors afterwards.

At the after-party, Thera was approached by Zendaya and Laura.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Zendaya asked the singer.

"Good, I think. The cameras by the red carpet were a little overwhelming at the beginning, but I definitely don't mind this party" Thera laughed.

"Well, can I just say how gorgeous you guys look tonight," Laura told them "I mean, Thera, you totally killed the red carpet and let's not forget Tom" she finished, laughing.

"Thanks ,you too, you look... just amazing" Thera gushed. "And I think Tom is more alive then ever," she added, looking at Tom who was talking with other celebrities.

The three young women continued talking before being joined by Tom, Harrison, Tony and Jacob. The young group spent the night laughing, dancing and having perhaps one too many drinks.

Thera couldn't believe how lucky she was to be at such an event with such amazing people, and she was sure to make the the most of it.

A/N :

Real life chapter!!! Soo tell me what you think!

Song of the chapter : Wasting my young years - London Grammar cause I saw them live and they're one of my sister's favorite band!

Charlotte xx