One Last Fight (3/4)

Third Person's P.O.V.:

It's been almost a year and a half since Samantha took Erik out of Wakanda. Erik suggested to settle in Atlanta, Georgia because it was such a large city; there was always something to do there. Things that they couldn't do in Wakanda. T'Challa was more than happy to buy them condo with two months full of food.

Erik is relaxing on the couch as he wait for Samantha to get out of the shower when T'Challa, M'Baku and two Doras burst into the apartment.

"What the f-!" Erik exclaims as he takes out his gun and aims it at them.

"Where's Samantha?" M'Baku asks, completely disregarding the fact that Erik has a gun pointed at him.

"What are you guys doing here? Can't Wakanda learn to leave Sammie alone, damn it." Erik says.

"It's not just her help we need," T'Challa says.

"Could you please put the gun down? The Doras are getting fidgety." He adds.

Erik slowly but surely puts down his gun and he finally answers M'Baku's question.

"She's is in the shower.. But why do you need my help? The last thing I want to do is help Wakanda; especially after what you guys took from me." Erik says.

"Its not just Wakanda that needs saving," T'Challa says.

"There's a man coming to Earth for the Time Stone and the Mind Stone-which are two of six infinity stones: the most powerful weapons in the whole universe." He adds.

Erik bursts out in laughter but M'Baku and T'Challa kept their serious facial expressions. Erik wipes away a tear from his eye as his laughing decreases.

"I'm sorry, but y'all can't be serious?.. Infinity stones? That sound like something you hear from a Lucky Charms commercial." Erik says with a light laugh.

"It may seem like a joke to you, buitestaander. But they are very real and there will be a lot of bloodshed all of the world if this man is not stopped." M'Baku says.

"You're saying that one man is going to cause all this chaos y'all keep talking about, bloodshed and all that?" Erik asks.

"We believe he has an army of aliens from all over the galaxy, and they are all headed towards Earth right now as we speak." T'Challa states.

"And we can spend all this time explaining this to you.. or we can spend this time preparing for this man and give us an actual chance to save the world." M'Baku says.

"Okay, I listened to your pitch out of respect for Samantha, but that does not mean that I'm in. And I'm sure as hell not letting her sacrifice her life for some made up story." Erik states.

But little that he knew that Samantha has just gotten out of the shower and overheard the last few seconds of their conversation.

"And who's to say that she can't make that decision for herself." Samantha intercepts as she comes out of the room with her arms crossed.

"T'Challa... M'Baku.. what a surprise." She adds before approaching them in a bath robe and her hair wrapped in a towel.

She pulls T'Challa in for a tight hug before M'Baku lifted her into his buff arms. She yells out as he spins her around and Erik watched with angry eyes.

"It's so good to see you," M'Baku states as he sets her down.

"You as well, my friend." She says.

"Is all this true? A man is coming to Earth with the intentions of bloodshed?" She adds.

"I'm afraid so.. we both of your help." T'Challa states.

"Consider me in. Where do you need me?" She asks.

Before M'Baku or T'Challa could answer, Erik says:

"Hell no! Babe, you're actually considering this?"

"We'll be in touch. Tell Shuri to text me the details." She states.

She waits until they leave to say:

"What is your problem?"

"What is my problem? What is your problem? You're willing to risk your life for something that they can't say for certain? Why are you blindlessly following them as if you don't have a brain of your own?" Erik states.

"Watch yourself.... And this isn't about me at all, this is about your grudge against Wakanda. The thought of helping them makes your blood boil.. doesn't it?" She says.

Erik stares down at the ground momentarily, confirming Samantha's conclusion.

"Well this isn't just about Wakanda.. it's about the entire world. The world needs our help, and it would be cruel to say no." She clarifies.

"But if you want to let your ego- your pride- then I don't have a problem going over there and helping them by myself." She adds.

He crossed his arms as he stared at her and Samantha mimicked his actions.

**

Erik and Samantha arrive in Wakanda, where we see a large swarm of black, mutant like creatures.

"Damn," He says.

"You were saying about 'something they're not even certain about'?" Samantha retorts.

He sighs in defeat and says:

"We're going to need a ship,"

We run to the basement of the palace and Erik jumpstart the ship.

"You drive the ship and kill as many of those things as you can," He states.

"What about you? What are you going to go?" She asks.

"I'm going to be on top of the ship with a sniper. So keep the ship steady will ya?" He says before loading the sniper and taking the propping stand.

"Put on a parachute, just in case." Samantha states.

He complies and Samantha sits in the ship controlling panel before she straps herself in. Erik double checks to make sure everything looks okay before going on top of the ship.

"Erik?" She says.

"Yeah?" He says, stepping down from the roof of he ship.

"If I don't make it, I-"

"Don't you dare speak another word." He interrupts.

"If there's anyone not making it out of this, it's me. Because this time, I will be the one risking my life for yours." He adds.

"Some things are out of our control-"

He slams his lips onto hers and tucks a curl behind her ear.

"I can't stand the thought of losing you again. So please don't put it in my mind, okay?" He says.

She nods and he lifts her chin up before saying:

"Now let's go kick some ass."