One Last Fight (1/4)

I lay on a blanket in the grassy fields, looking up at the clouds. I tuck my right arm under my head and close my eyes as the warm wind ruffles my yellow summer dress. Bumble bees buzz calmly passed my ear as the smell of flower nectar and earth dance in the air.

My moment of peace was disrupted when I heard the sound of branches cracked and grass rustling under heavy footsteps. My eyes snap open when I hear the sound grows nearer and nearer, I quickly grab my Glock from under my dress and lay on my back to aim it at the culprit. I cock my gun and look up at the man, but how he stood with the sunlight angled so I couldn't see his face.

"Who are you?" I say.

"Damn babe, you forgot about me already?"he says.

I stand up and say:

"Erik?"

He opens his arms with a wide smile and I uncocked the gun before dropping it. I run into his arms and wrap my arms around his waist.

"Hi," I say with a warm smile.

"Hey," He says.

He has normal, small dreads pulled into three, thick braids and a long shaw that is secured firmly on his wide shoulders. His tight, dark pants complimented his muscular physique that showed from beneath the shaw.

He was looking like a full course meal and I'm glad to call him mine.

He holds onto the back of my thighs as I pull him in for a hug.

"How's your cloud watching going?" He asks.

"It's calm out here.. it helps clear my mind." I say.

"I wish I could be out here with you," he says.

"Then do it; stay here and be calm with me." I say.

"I would love too, babe. But I am shipping out weapons today and I want to make sure that things roll smoothly." He says with a sigh.

"I just came to say hey to my baby girl before I go to work." He adds.

Our conversation was interrupted by a loud crash of a jet falling to the ground in an explosion. I land back on my feet but still kept a grip on Erik. He pushes me behind him and advance toward the sound. I take my gun and follow him to see T'Challa with his arms spread out wide.

"N'Jaka! Where are you N'Jaka!" He says.

"T'Challa?" I say with disbelief.

My heart races and I sigh with relief. I thought he was dead, but I am more than happy that he isn't. Tears of joy brim in my eyes but I held them back to prevent Erik from seeing.

My eyebrows furrow when I see W'Kabi ordering the Border Tribe to attack T'Challa.

"No! What are you doing W'Kabi!" I yell as I lunge forward, but Erik holds me back.

"Baby, look at me... I want you to go up to my room and stay there." He says, cupping my cheeks.

"What? No. I'm not just going to stand by as T'Challa is being attacked. The odds aren't fair!" I say.