Sunday

Peace and quiet. The calm that had come after his neverending storm. He had endured those harsh years with Playtime for a reason, that reason being you. You were the calm after his storm... And he was going to cherish these moments with you no matter what was to come. 

With Playtime upstairs in her bed fast asleep, the newfound lovers were on their own couch in the living room, the bright lights from the television dancing across both of your sleepy faces. You were in the Principal's lap with your legs resting on the sides of his waist. His arms were looped around you and his hands secured you in your place, watching the television with droopy eyes. He drew small circles on your lower back, making you feel even more warm and safe than you had to begin with. 

You moved your head up from its once comfortable position on his chest to look up at him. Locating yourself so your bodies were parallel to each other made him smile briefly. He was finally seeing your face after you'd been quietly resting for so long. Warm eyes looking into his own and the hips of those whom they belong to shifted about above him, making him go red in the face. Earlier you two had gotten a bit intimate. You didn't go all the way of course. That would be hurrying things. But just enough so that you were able to convey the fact that you loved him.

Round two was close to brewing if you continued to move in his lap like that. 

His endless daze about you came to a sudden halt when you gave him a kiss to his nose. He blinked a few times in response as if he were trying to wake himself up for you. You gave a sleepy smile, the television behind you aiding in your seemingly angelic glow. If he weren't so tired, he would have come to reason that this is what being in heaven felt like. Constantly seeing this little angel in front of him, but not being able to perfectly define them and how they made him feel, the feeling was that of pure ecstasy and dear god he wanted to-

"Princie! Stop falling asleep on me, I swear.." 

His eyes were wide open at this point, pupils dilated and taking in everything around him. Including you. He pulled you close, enveloping you in a sea of warmth and comfort whilst you hugged him back. You could feel him nuzzling into your shoulder, seeking an extension to the fuzzy feeling you provided him with. A small sigh indicated that you knew he was going to fall asleep in your arms like how you had done earlier... What you hadn't expected tonight was to hear him begin a ramble. Like the one had done last week, but much more heartfelt. 

"I never thought I would have fallen in love again, really." His usual proper voice had thinned into nothingness, replaced by a soft and endearing one that caught your attention. In a good way.  "After her I felt like my whole world had come to an end. She crushed me entirely and it hurt. It hurt so bad." Nimble fingers gently gripped the sweater he wore. 

"After her I truly never truly felt.. Well, loved. It's as simple as that." The hand on his back slid upwards to his tussled hair, softly running your fingers through it. The Principal nuzzled closer with an audible sigh soon following. The two of you sat in the same peaceful silence as before, relishing it through and through.

"I never thought I'd get another shot at being happy but... Here you are."

His words caused a pang in your heart that potentially intensified the lovey-dovey mood you were already in. Was this what a heart attack felt like? No, that couldn't be it but.. Is this what genuine love felt like? Just like having a stroke? Maybe he was just killing you with his words. When people were sincere, their word choices were sometimes more.. appealing, than at other times. Especially after the mood had been built up. You were pretty much a puddle by how soft and admirable his words came out.

The male beneath you pulled back from your shoulder only to rest his forehead against yours, bumping your nose softly, resulting in a dorky, sleepy grin from the both of you. His bigger hands slid into your own in addition to the fluffy moment you shared, and in reply, a soft hum was given. He only topped it all off with his next set of words.

"I love you."

You were a blushing, awkward, mess by now. There was no helping this either. He made your heart race, and there was no going against that. What you were feeling right now was nothing more than a fire he had lit within you, one that would keep you up at night to imagine, a feeling that you knew you could never rid of. Not that you exactly wanted to. It made your stomach tighten and your legs start to quiver... 

"I... I love you too."

"You mean it?"

"If I didn't, I wouldn't have said anything, sleepyhead."

With such serious words being exchanged, he pulled you back into his chest to lay down, finally getting the chance to close his eyes and sleep. Surprisingly enough the position you were in wasn't too discomforting. You fell asleep in each other's arms in an instant, unconsciousness become your new temporary home. Playtime quietly watched from the stairwell, a happy, excited smile on her little face. She finally had a family. A completed family...

And that's all anyone could ask for.