Friday

"Begin!"

Your students flipped over their tests, some of them having looks of pure dread on their faces, others giving the test a face of pure confidence. 

You silently sat back in your swivel chair, looking out the window until the time to grade the tests came around. 

There was the Principal, pursing his lips, a faint sound of his routine whistle able to be heard through the halls. He spotted you looking at him through the glass, giving a small wave.

It brought you back to reality. You were daydreaming again.. You returned the small action, presently blushing and looking back to your class. 

A good fifteen minutes had passed. The small timer sitting on your desk let out a loud ring, and with that, the kids knew their test had come to an end. 

"Pencils down!"

The next few minutes consisted of you picking up papers, eavesdropping on some chatter amongst the children, and overlooking a few of their answers.

Brrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg!

Gosh that bell was obnoxious. You dismissed the kids, waving at them silently as they left for their usual lunch break. 

The Principal made an entrance. You perked up a bit by his known presence. When he was around you felt at peace with things, even though he was a bit of a goofball when a class wasn't in session. 

"Good morning Princie."

"It's afternoon."

You rolled your eyes and then pat the sat in front of you. He sat down, curiosity present in the way his eyes shone in front of you. You two sat in front of each other trying to find some kind of stream of words to come out, unforced.

"I've been meaning to ask you something." You maundered quietly, and he felt a feeling of excitement that he really hadn't endured in a what felt like forever. He was infatuated with you. And really he was hoping that you would be the one to ask the question that he was longing to ask.. 

"Yes?" He replied with a bit too much enthusiasm.

"Why are you always whistling in the hallways?"

The question most definitely caught him off guard. But then again.. it was something he had been trying to figure out the purpose of for a while as well. "Can't I whistle just to whistle?" He pondered aloud, leaning back in his chair. You shrugged. "I was just thinking that maybe there was a reason behind it."

"Well.." He nervously smiled. "It's something I learned to do within that period of time where I was.. depressed." He began to explain. "During the time where she left, I had only a teacher's salary, a daughter, and.. I felt like nothing but an empty shell."

Your head bobbed, urging him to continue.

"But whistling was something that allowed me to take my mind off of it. It has ever since. So when I feel even a bit upset for some reason, I whistle while I work."

You felt a sort of sympathy for him. Pulling up his hand from across the table, you held it softly in your hand. "Whistle for me?"

He executed what he was told to do. The same old whistle he's always doing.. But after hearing why he did it, it sounded different. The few words he spoke prior to the whistle caused you to hear the tune in a completely new light.

Very subtly the Principal began to thread his fingers between your own, the warmth of your hand transferring over to his, and giving him this fuzzy, happy feeling. Little did he know that you felt the same.

"Principal..?"

"Yes?"

"What did you want me to ask you earlier?"

He flushed a bright reddish color, looking off to the side. From the corner of his eye, he could see Baldi in the window, with a big bright smile, giving a thumbs up and soon enough making the most awkward kissy face he could muster up. It was obvious what Baldi was trying to get him to do.

"Princi-" A soft hum came in response to his next set of actions. His own lips meshed against yours, hand still connected to yours, giving it a gentle squeeze. You had no other choice besides melting into it. It wasn't as if you were opposed to the action anyways. He pulled away, panting in between kisses, every now and again mumbling about the traits he loved about you. All you could do was hum a few times in response.

From outside that window, Baldi and Playtime were heading to class, Baldi covering her eyes, for she had witnessed only a bit of what the two were doing in the classroom.

He pulled back, instantly averting his eyes to the floor. He was shaking, you could feel it in his palms. 

The aftermath of this was something he was too terrified to endure.

You tilted his chin upwards, giving a smile that melted his heart even further. You rested your forehead on his own, causing him to finally make eye contact again.

In that same monotone voice, he had said, "I want to take you on a date." He was still a bit shaken up by the semi-intimate kiss he'd been lured into initiating. 

You nodded against his forehead, replying with a simple "Okay."

Then the bell rang, again. It caused the both of you to jump backwards from each other, red erupting onto each of your faces. Nobody else needed to know that you were having an affair with the Principal. He walked in the direction of his office. 

He looked back once he got to the door. "Tomorrow night?" You gave him a tiny thumbs up. 

"By the way.." You added.

"That was really unprofessional." You smirked.

He raised his hand, trying to muster up something to say. He closed his mouth. He didn't have anything to say.. It was true. The smitten Principal couldn't help it either. He was willing to go as far as breaking his own rules for you.