Thursday

"Teacher!"

You jolted up from your seat, ready to fight anything and anyone. Your students were a priority! Nobody would be able to take them from you! You held up your hands in a way that they were ready to hack and chop anyone who threatened you or your students.

"You fell asleep again."

Oh. Well... 

The class erupted into pure laughter. How unprofessional was that? Falling asleep on the job, what kind of teacher were you really? "Class dismissed. Please remember to study for your test tomorrow." The bell rang just on cue with your groggy words. 

Forget lunch today. Lunch could wait until dinner. 

Or so you thought. With your head resting between your arms, full intent to just sit there and sleep until the next class came rampaging into your room, you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"No sleeping in class. Fifteen minutes, detention for you."

With the Principal pretty much dragging your sleepy form to the detention room, you let out a groan. 

What you didn't happen to notice was his stupidly large blush from quite a few things: When you were about to fall asleep, you looked so peaceful, pretty much ready to ascend into a world of your own. In addition, he was holding your hand the whole way there.  Finally, he would be in an enclosed space with you for a decent amount of time. 

The last time something even remotely similar to this happened, he had gotten intimate, and the woman he had gotten intimate with pretty much informed him that he was no longer suitable for the job he applied for. Being a dad. 

You sat in the detention room, feeling like a small child. Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, or at the very least trying to, you put your face in your hands. 

"When will you learn?" He leaned in close to your face, squinting just as you were, and holding up a finger as if to say he was disappointed in you. You gave a small frown in response to his shenanigans. "But I was on breeeaaaaaaak." You whined.

"Doesn't matter." He spoke in monotone. "That was highly unprofessional." The Principal lectured. Blah blah blah, rules, blah blah blah, no running in the halls. You knew all this. You knew the Principal personally! Rules were his first love!

"I know it was but I didn't get any sleep, really." You explained. "I was up creating a test for my students.." Your head rested on the desk. You closed your eyes even slightly and you instantly felt like you were about to delve into a deep sleep. 

"That doesn't give you the excuse to fall asleep during-" He took a look at your form, noticing the steady breathing and insufficient amount of movement. You were out like a light within a few mere seconds.

You must have been just that tired. 

"Detention..." The Principal uselessly spoke to you. Every time he looked down at your unconscious self, he felt his heart wracking in his chest even more distinctly. He was capable of understanding you. You were a hard worker. You put in the time and effort when it was critical. He liked that as one of your qualities. 

Though that last part happened to be a large understatement.

He took off his suit jacket with a small sigh and placed it over your slouched shoulders. 

With a small peck to your temple, he put his hands to his pockets again and walked out of the detention room, only to be met by an extremely giggly Baldi. 

"No flirting in detention Principal. Detention for you."

How??? That made no sense whatsoever??? But somehow he'd let out a laugh. He was being mocked by one of his colleagues. But.. in this case it was okay.

"You're gonna be late to class Baldi. I'll fire you if you are."

The bald man let out an offended gasp, before marching back to his classroom, the slaps of his ruler being the only thing anyone heard in the schoolhouse besides the chatter of a few young children. 

Meanwhile, the Principal sat at your desk, organizing a few of your papers as the next round of kids let themselves in. Once they were all settled, he stood.

"Hello. I'm your substitute for this class. Your teacher got sick during lunch, so they need a break." He explained. 

"Now lets begin from where they left off last class."