Zoey's New Hobby

Zoey groaned loudly as she threw down her paintbrush. "I don't get it! Why can't I get this right?" Chase ran over and sat next to her, "Are you done yet?" Zoey rested her head on his shoulder and gestured to the painting, "Look for yourself."

It was a half painted bowl of fruit and the other half was sketched. She had used watercolor paint and it came out beautiful but something was missing.

"That looks amazing Zo, what's wrong with it?" She sat up straight, "What's wrong is that it's missing something and I don't know what!" Chase tilted his head as he stared at the painting as Zoey began to pack up her supplies. "But it looks fine." Zoey slung her bag on her shoulder, "I never said it didn't Chase but my art teacher doesn't want just fine."

"You have an art teacher?" She rolled her eyes and began to walk off and he grabbed her small easel and painting and ran after her. "Yes Mr. Frutenbager, the guy who has a French accent and a long nose but he grew up in Brooklyn." Chase thought for a moment before saying, "Oh that guy. I thought you stopped going after he the paint on you when you came in all white."

Zoey shrugged, "It actually turned out pretty well because I got a lot of compliments. Turns out he saw me as a," she made air quotes as she said the next few words,"  'blank canvas to paint life onto' or something. I actually starting painting and dying my clothes after that. It's pretty cool designing my clothes sometimes."

Chase nodded, "If I give you a white shirt will you paint on it for me?" She nodded, "Sure."

They looked up to see they'd walked to the guys building and he opened the door, "Come in my lady." She grinned and curtseyed to him before walking inside.

"Thank you good sir," she said as she looked back at him. She sat down in the couch with the other guys looking at her in awe and Chase hurriedly rested her art supplies down and threw his arm over her shoulder.

"And why are you guys looking at her like that?"

The freshmen shook their heads and a short Indian boy spoke up, "We don't mean anything by it its just no girls have came near this place because of Chuck."

Chase frowned, "Who's Chuck?"

There was a whooping noise and the tall fat red haired man came whooping as he rode on a moped whipping his shirt in the air. Zoey gagged and buried her face in Chase's shoulder as she saw his hairy chest as he passed by them.

"Is he gone?" Chase blinked a few times, "Yes and I have to bleach my eyeballs for the rest of my life excuse me." He began to get up but she yanked him back.

"You're not leaving me with that guy."

The Indian boy spoke again, "That is why girls avoid us. Except Ayla."

Zoey shifted to look at the boys better, "You're Rasheed. Ayla's friend from English class!" Rasheed wiped his glasses and smiled, "It's the nice blonde girl who doesn't shove us when she sees us!" She frowned, "People shove you guys?"

He waved his hands, "It does not matter! We're used to it! We do look like nerds. Let me introduce you," he said as he turned to the other people behind him.

He pointed to a boy with dirty blonde hair that reached his shoulders and it covered his face, "That's Zack," the boy waved and Rasheed leaned in and whispered loudly, "He doesn't talk much."

A person waved behind Zack and it was a boy with dark chocolate  skin who had one green eye and one blue eye, "My name is Zenith."

Chase gasped, "You have beautiful eyes."

Zenith shook his head, "These are contacts. My real eye color is purple."

Rasheed whispered loudly, "We never know if he's telling the truth," he turned to the last person and raise his voice, "Last but not least Rosé!"

A tall girl stood up holding a skateboard. She was wearing all black clothes and had a nose piercing and her ears were filled with different types of earrings.

Her hair was shaved on both sides and she had her brown hair that were dyed ombre green.

She held up a rock and roll sign and said, "My name is Roger," she stomped towards Rasheed and yelled, "Stop calling me Rosé!" Rasheed nodded as he wiped his glasses, "I'd prefer it if you don't splatter your saliva all over my face Roger."

He leaned in and whispered to them, "She's bipolar and has DID. She lives in the dorm with us. It's more dangerous for her to be with girls all the time." He slid his glasses and stood up.

"Let's go get your medicine. You forgot to go this morning right Roger?" Roger nodded, "I guess."

The group all stood up and began to follow Rasheed and Roger. Zenith smiled and waved happily, "I'll see you guys later!" Zoey waved back and sighed as they left.

"Well they're an interesting bunch." Chase nodded, "You can say that again."

Logan ran through the lobby with his shirt off and back peddled when he saw Zoey. He pulled out his earphones and kept jogging, "What are you doing in here?"

"Hanging out with my boyfriend. Got a problem Logan?"

He held up his hands in defense and said, "I'm just trying to warn you about the half naked ginger about to roll through. Later." He put his earphones in and ran outside.

Zoey stood up as she hear faint whooping. "Let's get out of here."

Chase nodded and grabbed her stuff.

"I'm gonna bleach my eyes tonight."