Natasja refused to back down. She met Kael's stormy grey eyes with her own, their inner wills battling.

"Not at all, Maddox." 

Kael felt a smile tug at a corner of her lips. This game she could play. This game she was familiar with. They were on equal grounds here, if not hers higher. After a few months together, Kael could see a change in her. She knew for one because Natasja was playing her game.

And she was getting better at it.

"Merci, Miss Armand." Kael dipped her head to further study the redhead.

What she got in return was an adorable frown.

"No funny business, Maddox."

"Now why would I even do that?"

"Just... don't even think about it."

Kael hummed. "I'm thinking about it. Right now. What are you gonna do about it?"

Natasja couldn't help the blush that heated up her neck and cheeks. "Shut your mouth, Maddox. Shut up and go to bed."

"Shut it with yours." Kael raised a brow. "Then come join me in bed."

"You're unbelievable." Natasja rolled her eyes. With a final jut of her proud chin, the French beauty turned on her heels and walked back into the bedroom.

Kael closed her eyes and chuckled, a new image of Natasja burned in her memory as she welcomed the darkness behind her eyelids once more. She liked the redhead all riled up like that. Her hair slightly messy from the helicopter ride they took to get there, her neck, cheeks and ears blushing red. Kael wanted to see it again.

Now she knew what she really looked like.

Sharp pain shot through her head again, this time bad enough for her to cry out in pain.

"Kael? Are you okay?" A concerned voice rang out from the bedroom.

"Yeah, I'm good." Kael called back too soon, as another round of lightning pain bombarded her head. She cursed in German and let out a low growl that made footsteps rapidly approach her. 

"Kael?" Natasja was by her side in less than a moment, her small hands holding on to lean biceps. "What happened?"

"My eyes," Kael groaned. "I think I need to keep them shut."

"Okay, wait here." Natasja quickly moved.  "Here," she wrapped a bandana around Kael's closed eyes, further darkening what was behind her lids. Complete and utter darkness. Just how Kael was used to. "How is it now?"

"A lot better. Danke." Kael gave a deep sigh.

Suddenly, warm fingers cupped her face. Natasja's thumb stroked the stunned woman's cheeks. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

The gesture shocked Kael. Instinctively, she pulled away. "I'm fine."

"Right," Natasja cleared her throat, crossing her arms. She suddenly felt awkward. And cold. "Can you stand?"

"Yes."

"Good. I assume you can find your own way to the room. I'm going to shower first. Goodnight."

NEIN (girlxgirl)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara