"You can talk about it, you know." Kael moved her eyes back to the forest, her vision blurring slightly at the sudden change of accommodation.

"Talk about what?"

"Your nightmares."

Natasja flinched. "Well, I'd rather not, I'm sorry."

"I told mine to Aspen," Kael's voice didn't need to be raised in the quiet serenity of this place. "Every single detail. It helps. It takes some of it off your shoulders."

"Why are you concerned, all of a sudden?" Natasja crossed her arms. "You're not obliged to suddenly care about me because I paid for your operation."

Kael opened her mouth, then closed it. "I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?"

"For everything. For being so harsh on you the first few weeks at the Academy." Kael looked uncomfortable. She didn't look like the type of person who apologizes. "I was trying to help you be more confident."

"Ca suffit," Natasja stood, quite annoyed now. "You are not obliged to suddenly be nice, apologize, or do any of that bullshit because I paid for your operation. You don't have to explain yourself. I don't need your help. Est-ce que je te demande si ta grand-mère fait du vélo?"

Did I ask you if your grandmother rides a bike?  Natasja couldn't help her sarcasm. 

Kael was usually confident. She was cocky and exuded authority even when asleep. She had experiences so much more than Natasja could have in ten lifetimes. And yet here she was, awkward and out of place.

Kael fell silent.

Natasja sighed. "I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on with me today. I guess I just don't want you to think you owe me anything."

"I understand," Kael hated the awkward tension. "I won't mention it again." She suddenly felt tired.

"Alright then. I guess now we head to bed. You need to rest your eyes." Natasja stood, moving to the master bedroom. The sun was starting to dip and they both knew night time would be in a few minutes.

They both hadn't slept since Kael first opened her eyes yesterday. Which meant Natasja had been awake for about three days now. As Kael looked closer, the French woman actually looked exhausted. She looked even more tired than she felt.

"I'll take the couch. You can stay in the bedroom."

"There's only one bedroom in this huge place?"

"I'm the only one who stays here. I didn't see the need for more." Natasja shrugged a slender shoulder. "Just take the bedroom. You need to rest well tonight."

Kael head tilted as she perused her. "No. We can both take the bed."

Natasja was taken back. "Sorry?"

"The bed is big enough for two people, yes?"

"Oui, but-"

"Then we will share." Kael's tone was final. She stood up and walked to Natasja. "Will that be a problem?" She smirked. She couldn't help it. Something about this redhead made her wanna make an extra effort. Her eyes blurred again and sudden pain spiked up her head. The doctor did say her eyes would take a few weeks to heal. The fact that she's using it so much now was already a strain. Even then, she fixed her eyes on hers.