"What are you doing?"

"Cereal. Duh."

"With a mixer?"

"And cereal."

She turned it on and cereal came flying in all directions, one piece hitting Natasja on her cheek. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to calm down.

"Kael, behave."

The black-haired woman faced her and frowned, like a toddler seconds away from throwing a tantrum. "But I want cereal."

"You can't have any cereal!" Natasja snapped. "Now get your fucking ass to bed before I drag you there myself!"

Kael's pale grey eyes stared at the wall beside her, wide-eyed, as if unbelieving Natasja had the audacity to yell at her.

"You yelled at me."

"You made me angry."

"I don't like it."

"I don't fucking care, ma chérie. Upstairs. Now."

To her complete surprise, Kael obeyed. She dropped the bowl she was holding and trudged to where Natasja stood, her hand feeling around to avoid bumping into things.

"Sex me?"

Natasja made a move as if to punch her and Kael drunkenly stood there, smiling.

"Were you trying to scare me? I'm blind, remember?" She giggled. "I heard your clothes rustle. You definitely flexed on me."

Kael giggles?

Kael continued to laugh as she staggered up the stairs. She couldn't even stand up straight, let alone navigate on her own blind self. Natasja rolled her eyes and raised her head to the heavens, wondering what on earth had possessed Kael to drink while on a mission.

She sighed and moved to help the stumbling blind woman up the stairs and into bed. Kael had fallen asleep in the car, and Natasja thought she would stay asleep until they got to the mansion. She thought Kael would then just wake up with a hangover and be sober, like all normal drunkards. However, as soon as the car stopped, Kael woke up, groaned, threw up, and stumbled out the car herself, humming a tune to a German song Natasja had heard before. The idiot was still drunk.

Now, Kael didn't even bother changing her clothes as she fell face down on the bed. Snores hit the silence of the air as soon as her face touched the velvet smoothness of her bed, and Natasja sighed at the sight. She was already drooling.

On her way back downstairs, she went by the study room, overhearing a very important conversation.

"...our best bet is for Kael to get that surgery so she can see again."

Natasja's eyes widened.

"How do you know the surgery will be a success? Why haven't you done it earlier then?" Aspen was exasperated.

"Ever heard of a limbal stem cell transplant surgery? It's a thing. We just haven't done it before because it costs so much." One of the brothers replied.