never been kissed

I sit numbly in the choir room, not listening to Uncle Will. I know Puck's back though, which I guess is good.

Ever since Mom slapped me, I've been quiet and jumpy. I still haven't eaten a lot and I'm terrified to sleep. But good news, I'm out of the cast and crutch. The doctor said there was a mix-up and I didn't have to stay in the cast and keep the crutch.

"Ruby!" I jump and snap my eyes to my uncle, humming a reply. "Are you okay?" Kurt asks. "You've been staring at the floor for ten minutes, babe." Mike says, squeezing my waist comfortingly.

"O-Oh, yeah I'm fine, don't worry." I stuttered, glancing at Uncle Will. "And now, drumroll, Finn! Because I have in my hand our competition for sectionals next month."

"First, the a'capella group from the all-boys private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers." Uncle Will says excitedly, causing me to smile softly.

"Okay, hold up. Like a million awesome gay jokes just popped into my head." Santana says. I sigh quietly and curl closer to Mike. "And the other team to beat, the Hipsters. A first-year club from the township continuing education programme. Now, they are a glee club composed entirely of elderly people getting their high school GEDs."

"Is that legal?" Rachel asks. "How are we supposed to compete against a bunch of adorable old people?" Mercedes asks. "Are you kidding? Brittle bones. Give one of those old ladies a good luck pat on the rear, it'll shatter her pelvis."

"Puck." I scold quietly and he turns to grin at me. I roll my eyes, Mike pulling me a little closer.

"Moving on. Since this seems to get you guys jazzed about sectionals last year, I wanna make this week our second annual boys versus girls tournament. So! Split up into two groups, and, uh, figure out which songs you're gonna sing."

I kiss Mike on the cheek softly and walk over to the other girls. "Okay, I have mash-up ideas in my emergency mash-up..." Rachel says, already being bossy. I just didn't have the strength to roll my eyes.

"Kurt, gonna say it again. Boys team."

[#]

I walk down the hallway to the dance studio for lunch.

I get shoved into a locker, hard. "Hey, what the hell is your deal?" I ask Karofsky angrily. "You!" He growls, shoving me back into the locker and walking away.

I sigh and roll my shoulders, pain shooting through me. That's going to leave a bruise. Damn.

I continue to the dance studio.

[#]

"I'm not tossing the baby out with the bath water here." Uncle Will says as we sit in the choir room. "I've totally done that." Brittany says, causing us to look at her strangely.

"We're just making an adjustment. Boys, you are now doing songs traditionally sung by girls groups. And girls, try some classic rock. Uh, the Who, the Stones. The more opposite your choice, the more choice you get."

I grin excitedly. This should be fun.

[#]

"You're what?!" I ask increasingly. "Shh... keep your voice down. I'm thinking of transferring to Dalton Academy." Kurt says. "No-you can't leave me here. You're my best friend."

"It's okay, Ru. We'll meet after school everyday at the Lima Bean if I do transfer. I promise." He sighs. I stare at him. "You're really thinking about this?" He nods and I hug him tightly. "Okay. Lima Bean everyday."

"Is this because of Karofsky?" I ask as I pull away. He stays silent, giving me my answer. I growl and walk away quickly, Kurt following. "Ruby, wait. Don't do anything that could get you suspended."

"Karofsky!" I yell angrily, ignoring Kurt. Karofsky turns around, laughing at something someone said, and I give him one of my infamous right hooks. The entire hall stops and goes silent.

"That's for messing with Kurt." I growl as I glare up at him. He stares at me and I slap him. "That's for pushing me into that damn locker."

"Ruby! Karofsky! Figgins office! Now!" I huff and follow Uncle Will to Figgins office, Kurt staring after me with wide eyes and a hand over his mouth.

[#]

"I understand you were defending your friend, Miss Schuester, but that does not give you the right to punch a student!"

"What? So, Kurt gets bullied to the point he's thinking of transferring schools and I get shoved into a locker so hard that I have a bruise that covers my entire back?!" I ask angrily, causing Karofsky senior to look at his son.

"Is this true Dave?" Karofsky looks away from his dad and I glare at him. "That still does not give you the right to punch and slap a student. A week of suspension."

"Fine, but I'm tired of getting shoved and pushed into lockers for doing something I love while they get away without a scratch, so I can guarantee this won't be the last time you see me in your office."

I storm out and the anger deflates from me. I walk to my locker and rub my temple, a headache coming on. I slide down the wall and stare straight ahead. The bell rings and I continue to stare straight ahead.

"Oh my god! Ruby! What the hell?!" Kurt yells, sitting next to me. I click my tongue and chuckle. "Did you get suspended?" He asks and I nod. "A whole damn week."

"I'm so sorry Ruby. That's gonna go on your permanent record. You didn't have to do that for me."

"It was worth it. It's okay."

"Ruby! Are you okay? Someone said you got in a fight with Karofsky?" Mike asks worriedly as he crouches in front of me. "I'm fine Mike." I chuckle.

"No, you split your knuckles open." He sighs, gently grabbing my hand. "Don't forget the week of suspension." Sam says as he, Artie, Finn and Puck walk up.

"Nice right hook. Karofsky's got a big purple spot on his face." Puck complements. I pull Kurt and Mike up and thank Puck. "Ruby! I need to talk to you." I wince as Uncle Will's voice fills my ears and sigh.

I quickly peck Mike on the lips and wave bye to everyone. "Yes?" I ask gently and he raises an eyebrow at me. "What was that?"

"That was called socializing with my friends." I hum. "No. You punched Karofsky." He sighs, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Self-defense." I say, glaring at the ground.

"You can't just go around punching people."

"It isn't your job to discipline me. Leave that to mom."

"What she's doing is discipline, it's abuse."

"I already told you she didn't hit me."

"You're a bad lair, Ruby-Grace."

I spin around and walk away, not happy with being called 'Ruby-Grace'.

[#]

"HE WHAT?!" I shout, drawing the attention of many people. "He kissed me. Dave Karofsky was my first kiss." Kurt whispers, stunned. I was just about to walk out of the school, and I'm glad I didn't. I was going to kick some ass.

"Oh no no. Ruby, don't!" Kurt said once he saw the look on my face, grabbing my arm. I easily slipped from his grasp, but he kept trying. "Mike! I need your help!" Kurt yelled, basically being dragged by me.

"Grab her!"

Mike wraps his arms around my waist and Kurt let go of me with a sigh. I struggle a little and sigh, going limp. Mike squeezes me a little and pecks my neck.

"Oh thank god. You aren't going to kill Karofsky." Kurt sighs. "Why do you want to kill Karofsky?" Mike mumbles against my shoulder. I stay silent and glare angrily at the floor.

[#]