duets

(I'm skipping to the duets episode bc I can't find the script for the second and third episode. sorry)

I hum softly with Alone by Halsey as I dance to it.

I skipped lunch to be in the small dancing studio. I don't really eat that much anyway. I had forgotten my ballet shoes and now my feet were killing me, because I had to keep my toes pointed.

I kept going though, thinking I deserved the pain for some reason.

"I know you're dying to meet me
But I can just tell you this
Baby, as soon as you meet me
You'll wish that you never did
(You'll wish that you never did)
Yeah, yeah"

Mid jump, a door slams, causing me to land on my ankle wrong and fall on my ass. I lay down, pain shooting through my ankle. "Ru, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Kurt, it's okay." I say as I sit up, looking at my ankle. "But I think I sprang my ankle." I whimper quietly as I poke at it, wincing. "Oh, let's get you to the nurse."

I sigh and nod. I grab my bag and stand up, putting a little pressure on my bad ankle. I wince and he puts his arm around my waist and I put my arm over his shoulders. "Thank you Kurt."

"Don't thank me, I'm the one that hurt your ankle." He whispers as we walk down the hall. "It's okay, I promise. It's just a sprang. But if we couldn't mention this to anyone though, that would be great."

"Why?"

"I don't want them to worry."

[#]

I bite my lip, hard enough to make it bleed, as I walk into the choir room for Glee, trying not to limp. No one needs to know I sprained my ankle expect Kurt, and I knew he wouldn't say anything unless it was completely necessary.

I let out a heavy relieved breath as I sit in my seat. "Hey, are you okay?" Mike asks softly and kisses my temple. "Yeah," I say unsurely. "I'm fine.

"Where were you at lunch?" He asks, scooting closer and snaking his arm around my waist. "Dance studio." I hum softly and lean into him. Kurt spared me a concerned glance and I smile reassuringly at him, making him sigh.

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around. Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie." Uncle Will sighs.

"Holy sh-" Mike puts his hand over my mouth, causing me to smirk softly.

"It really was just a matter of time." Tina says, a bit rudely. "What did he do?" Quinn asks. "He drove his mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM."

Brittany and Santana laugh as I chuckle, but I cut myself off when the stabbing pain shoots through my ankle. I whimper quietly, Kurt giving me another concerned glance.

I lean back into Mike, his arm tensing around my waist. He knew something was up, and he knew I wouldn't tell him anything unless I wanted to, that always made him upset.

"When is he getting out?" Rachel asked. "Unknown." Uncle Will sighs again. "He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany hums.

"Guys! Let's have some sympathy!" Uncle Will says. "For a guy who put his needs before the team's? We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence." Finn sighs.

"We can't look at this as, as a crisis. It's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asks rudely. "For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" Uncle Will says, gesturing to the door.