rocky horror

"I don't understand."

I look up to Mike, eyebrows pinched together in confusion as I stuff some books in my locker. "You don't understand what?"

"Why you didn't tell me about your ankle, and now you're on a crutch." I sigh softly and continue to stuff books in my locker. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to disappoint you." I shut my locker and start to walk away. "Ruby, wait, you didn't want to disappoint me?" Mike whispered as he grabbed my hand, spinning me around.

"You could never disappoint me, babe, okay? Never." I nod softly and sigh, looking away from him. He puts his finger under my chin and pulls my face towards him.

Our lips connect sweetly and I melt into the kiss, falling more in love with him if possible.

[#]

I crutch my way into the choir room, sighing softly. I'm going to be in this dumb cast for three months. The Glee cheers and the blush spreads across my cheeks, Mike chuckling.

"Oh no cheering, please. I'm gonna be in this damn cast for three months, and I already wish it was over."

"I told you." Kurt said in a sing-song voice, causing me to roll my eyes. "I know Kurt." I hum softly. I stare down at the floor, tugging at the ends of my sleeves. Mike gives me a side hug and kisses my temple.

"Is today the twenty second?" I hum as I turn to him. "Yeah, why?" Mike asked. I shake my head and turn back to the floor. I dig my nails into my hand, something I do when I'm sad.

"Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical." Uncle Will says excitedly as he walked into the room, holding scripts. He glances at me, knowing what day it was.

I give him a tight-lipped smile, reassuring him I'll be okay when I know I won't.

"Rocky Horror!" Chatter breaks across the room, me staying silent. Mike grabs my hand, nails slipping from my palm. He kisses my cheek and I lean into him, wanting comfort.

"Mr. Schue?" Rachel pipes up. "Yeah?" He hums, excitement in his features. "While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?"

"Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show." Kurt says. "Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?"

Brittany and Artie nod intensely. "Look," Uncle Will sighed. "I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it."

I scoff silently. Like my mother would be sober enough to write her first name.

"I don't need one," I hum softly as he holds one out to me. "What? Why?" He asked, hurt crossing his features. "If you haven't noticed, my ankle is broken Uncle Will. I know I don't have it as bad as others, but it's still going to be three months until I can walk on my own without this dumb crutch."

He nods and bites his lip. "Okay, good point."

"And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nations in New York!" Glee cheers and I smile softly, leaning closer to Mike.

"Okay! Let's talk about casting!"

Of course, Berry and Hudson had to have the part of loving couple. Artie was the wheelchair dude, and now Kurt didn't want to play Frankenfurter.