Epilogue

Serena

It's been six years; six excruciatingly long years since I had last gone home to visit my family and friends, but that will all finally end here, right now, at this airport.

Six years ago I spent the best month of my life with people that I never thought I would have the pleasure in meeting. Now that same month, six years later I'm about to board a plane in the exact same airport that took me back to them all that time before.

Once I board this flight to England, I know that like before, my stomach will be filled with butterflies, excitement and angst but unlike last time, also hope. Hope that everything that I once had destroyed can be restored to what it was before; but stronger.

I'm ready now.

I hand my boarding pass to the woman in front, ready to board the plane. If this were a few years ago, people would have looked me up and down. Whether it be from noticing me in the tabloids, or my name being one of the most recognisable in the world; but this time I am no longer that ignorant young girl, not knowing how to deal with situations like these.

I am no longer Serena Styles, twin to the famous Harry Styles. I have created a name for myself in a way in which I am myself, not what others envision me to be I've stuck to what I wanted for myself and I don't regret a thing.

The woman kindly hands my passport back to me as I return my gratitude with a smile and I then walk past the gates down to the aircraft doors.

As I step onto the flight, the sudden smell of cleaning products, the air filtration system, and just a lot of people in a small place fill their way through my nostrils.

At the sudden memory of years ago, I had come to the sad realisation that I no longer had that short girl beside me to squeeze my hand in reassurance that everything will be ok; a sheer wash of sadness spreads throughout. I miss her, I miss all of them. I push the thought to the back of my mind as I make sure I have everything in its place just as I sit down in my allocated seat and buckle my belt together. I put my head back against the chair and take in a sharp breath of air and close my eyes, listening to the cabin crew discuss the safety requirements that I have heard timeless times before run through the aircraft speakers.

No going back now I suppose.

-

"Cabin crew prepare for landing." The captain announces through the aircraft, causing the passengers to raise their window shades and push their chairs to their upright positions.

I look out the window to see the skyline of London, thinking about the fact that It's been six years, if I had thought they all had changed before, God knows what kind of shock I am going to receive when I go home now.

There were so many questions running through my mind, but to be honest I wanted none of them to be answered. Too much had happened and not even time can repair the mess I made.

The plane slowly starts to descend and I grip the sides of the chair, preparing myself for the plane to land on the firm ground.

-

I soon got a hold of my bags from the revolving carousel, with my luck it being the last pair of luggage out, and then heading straight outside towards the taxi stands.

I awkwardly stand there waiting for the nearest cab to drive by.

I wonder if they realize that my flight had landed; better yet I wonder if they even know that I'm going to be coming home today for them.

For all of them.

As I twirl my suitcase on its four wheels, it turns on its side and hits the floor. I groan and bend down to pick up the handle, dropping everything else on my way up.