Chapter 6: Role Model

Beginne am Anfang

"It's Timothe. My daughter's name is Madeleine." He replied.

"Timothe, thank you so much. Your daughter is truly inspirational." Ladybug said to him. Timothe shook his head.

"Miss, so are you." Timothe replied and walked away. Ladybug was speechless. She would never have thought in a million years that she would impact someone going through so much pain and misery. She fought back the tears as hard as she could. She looked at her yo-yo and sighed. She opened it up, revealing a screen. Pressing a few buttons, she brought up a news broadcast from Paris. She listened to the news report by Nadia Shamok, who was live at the scene.

"Breaking news coming to you live from the city of Paris. Many citizens have been running wild, believing that everyone around them has disappeared. The culprit is a villain who we are told is calling himself Couverture, although reports indicate that the victim is Gabriel Agreste's son, Adrien Agreste, well-known fashion icon." Nadia reported. Video footage appeared on the screen of Couverture. He noticed the cameras recording his every move. He flew closer to them, reaching his hands out towards Nadia. He zapped her, making her think that everyone was gone around her. She began to panic.

"Wait what happened? There were people just there...and there!" She said as she pointed around the streets. "No….no! Is someone there!?" She said before running off into the streets. Couverture took the camera and began to speak to the viewers.

"Listen up, all of you." He said. Ladybug gasped, placing her hand against her mouth. "I won't stop until everyone experiences exactly what I've gone through. Until then, I will continue to make all of you feel as if you were the last person on Earth. You better watch your back, or you're next." He said before he shifted his hand toward the camera. The video feed cut off. Ladybug felt guilty after witnessing what she just saw.

"Can I do this...really...can I?" Ladybug said as she pushed a button on her yo-yo, revealing the slot. She took out the drawing and looked at it. "I mean, I make mistakes all the time. I'm far from perfect." Plagg heard what she was saying. He made sure no one was around, then came out from her hair.

"What are you talking about?" Plagg asked her. Ladybug gasped, unaware that he popped out from in her hair.

"Plagg! Don't scare me like that." Ladybug said to him as she held the drawing in her hand. Plagg noticed it and flew closer to look.

"I couldn't help but notice you're feeling defeated again. Need a pep talk?" Plagg asked her. Ladybug chuckled.

"Plagg, you saw Adrien. This is the most crazed villain I've ever seen so far. Did I hurt him that badly?" Ladybug asked, distraught. Plagg thought for a second.

"Well, compared to the time you once told him you were in love with someone else after he went through all that trouble of setting up that rooftop for you, not knowing that the same guy was right in front of you? Yeah, I think you hurt him pretty bad this time." Plagg said to her truthfully. Ladybug was mad at herself.

"You really aren't helping. You know that right?" Ladybug tried to make him realize, scowling.

"You know what though? You should listen to what Madeleine said." Plagg told her.

"Huh?" Ladybug said.

"She said that if there was any problem, you can fix it." He flew near her head. "Even problems that you've caused. You can fix them just like you fixed all the others." Plagg said with a smile. Ladybug started to feel better.