“Yeah, where would you like to go?” I smile widely.

I watch her bite her lip and smirk. I can see her thinking of the right place to visit. And whatever that place is, I’d try and make it as romantic as possible.

“London” she says after a long time.

“London?” I ask and she nods.

“I’ve always wanted to go.” She smiles and glances at me, wanting my approval.

“Of course” I say. “It’s not as romantic” I mumble under my breath but Isabelle hears.

“What did you say there?”

“Nothing” I quickly say. “Londonit is, in a couple of weeks time.” I take my chance a change the subject. “You still haven’t said. Why’d you barge into the meeting?”

She gives a short giggle and glances at Caroline. “Alison came home because she was bored to death and we thought you must be too. You were in there for hours. We saved you.” Isabelle beams. I helplessly smile too and slowly take her soft hand in mine.

“You were right, I was dying in there. Thank you for saving me.” I grin at her. But to my dismay, her smile vanished and she became uneasy. She quickly took her hand away and placed both on the steering wheel. I faced forward this time and leaned my head on my hand, staying quiet for the rest of the way.

***

“Where the hell did you guys go?” howls Alison and trots down the porch steps. “You disappeared from your room, and Nathan, what the hell are you doing here? Is the meeting over?”

“Not quite” I say and open the car door, Isabelle does the same and pulls at her sleeves. Alison glared towards her now. “You went and got him, in the middle of a meeting?” she asked in disbelief and Isabelle shifted from one foot to another.

I look at how nervous and worried she looked so I stepped in. Putting my arms around her waist and pulling her close to my side. “Calm down, Alison. I called her and she came for me. The meeting isn’t over but I couldn’t take it any longer. Please call them at the office and tell them to fax the papers through after they’ve decided. Then I’ll sign it.”

Alison gives a low ‘tut’ and strolls back up the stairs. Me, Isabelle and Caroline watch her as she goes and the driver takes the keys off Isabelle. Her head is leaning on my cheek so I bend down and kiss her gently, trailing down to her neck. She shudders at the touch and tried to push me away.

My mouth stops near her ear. “We’ll be going toLondonin two weeks” I breathe and she slowly moves herself away from me. She awkwardly looks at me, tucks her hair behind her ear and runs up the steps, closely followed by Caroline.

***

-Isabelle Quinn-

I lie awake, listening to his low snores that echo the room in the silence. Occasionally, owls hoot outside the window and I listen carefully. I somehow can’t get to sleep. I turn to my side and face Nathan’s back, his soft skin, and his muscles flexing at he breathes loudly. I get a longing to wrap my arms around him, put my head on his back and finally fall asleep while I listen to him calmly breath in and out.