Chp. 1 :Union Under Sparks:

The heat from the harsh sun made it clear that summer was here and staying for another four months. Sunset was moving its way into the day and it gave everything a golden glow. The sand glanced, and the water sparked from the river up ahead.The small crowd of people lined themselves at the edge of the lake. Each family with their own charcoal grill and coolers filled with beers and water. Small children played around while their parents talked amongst themselves. I sat down in my chair waiting for the show to start in a couple of hours. I had time to spare. I've learned over time that the earlier to get to the lake the way better seats you get. I was one of the first out of the group to get here. James was suppose to come and help out set up the tables.

I headed back to the parking lot to grab the folding chair and snakes for everyone to get some. The parking lot was starting to get fuller and fuller by the second as people were coming in. I opened my trunk and all the stuff fell into the ground. I gasped as I saw all the water bottles rolled onto the packing. "Dam Hector you really needed my help." I looked up to find Daniel looking at me with the dirty water bottles in his hand. Where is James? I asked Daniel. He surged, handed me the water bottle. I placed it back to the beer cooler. Daniel was not much of jock then most were. He was kind of. sweet sometimes, but his bad boy side comes out sometimes... Daniel was tall around 6'4 and very toned and muscular. His deep voice made it even more noticeable that he liked to be in charge. His beach blond hair that cut to his very cut jawline. His eye were deep green blue and all the girls were on him at school. His white tank up. Showed off his tan muscles.

"Your doing that thing again." I looked up at him and said "I'm sorry" in the most apologetic voice. Daniel grabbed the six arms chair with ese and headed to where I placed my own chair. His muscles flexed and his veins popped out which made it difficult to follow him. The coolers were full of water and beers. The party was about to get started and only Daniel showed up to help. More people made their way closer to the water. Daniel unfolded the table, and then placed the chairs in a semi circle, and went back for the grill. I looked at my phone to find my six missed called from James and a text from Alphonso. I opened the text instead of replay to James.

"Hay sorry running late. Lisa wanted to get some more burgers."

Alphonso is going to be late again. I said to Daniel as he rolled his eyes at the idea of Alphonso famous shrek. Ever since he's met Lisa. Daniel had noticed Alphonso is always late to everything. I haven't noticed at all this, but James is like James paranoid to the max that he has a whole two hour conspiracy about why Lisa is not lisa, but a supernatural thing who knows what. I honestly block him out when he get all crazy. He's cute and everything, but a bit crazy at times.

Daniel came carrying the grill with ease as it weighs nothing less a few pounds. The grill was not small grill is huge and bulky and plus the propane tank attached to it. With a huge thump the grill was place on the group. Daniel wiped some sweat from job forehead with his shirt exposing his abs and his gang tattoos. I didn't want to stairs, but I took a chance and it was worth it. Hay give a guy a break. Daniel opened up the grill and turned the propane tank on. with a few click the grill was alive. The fire burned alive and I let it heat up to the perfect temperature. In the beer cooler I got out the beef patties and seasoning. Daniel opened a bag of cheetos. " Really, Daniel you're going to finish the whole bag." Daniel crunched a mouthful of cheetos and gave me a look of "Im sorry."

The sun started to set more and the golden hug of the sky turned into a dark purples overhead. More car could be seen parking in places that weren't meant for parking. A tall heavy looking man drove his four by four truck up a hill and parked it like nothing out the ordinary was happening. everyone kept looking at his direction. All mumbling the same thing "look at the crazy man." Little kids pointed at the man try to get their parents attention to see the crazy man. "The balls on that guy" Daniel said as he placed the marinated patties on the grill. the sizzling and potting of the beef reminded me of out camp days. My phone buzzed again. I flipped my phone and saw one more call from James and a new Message from Alphonso.