1: Hitting The Trifecta

Start from the beginning

The girl looks at me confused. "I don't know what you're talking abo-"

"Mai," Another voice calls. I turn around and spot her boyfriend walking back to their table. Do all males take two seconds to use the bathroom? Seriously. "Who is she?"

The girl- Mai- looks at me. "I don't know. A worker, I think."

"Oh," he says turning back to me. "You guys are out of toilet paper in the Men's Bathroom."

I can't help but roll my eyes. "Toilet paper. Right. Like I'm supposed to believe that."

"Uh, what are you talking about?" He asks, clearly faking confusion. 

"Don't play dumb. We both know what happened back there. You're a sick, sick man for doing that to this innocent girl! You claim you love her but the second something better comes along, you jump ship! It's sick and pathetic! You're just like every other man!"

Thinking back on that scene, I guess you could say that I was being a bit unfair. I clearly took out all my feelings for Andrew on that poor couple. Too bad I didn't realize this at the time; or at least before my boss caught sight of me screaming my head off at that poor man and fired me.

So, before I know it, I find myself walking up to my apartment complex, jobless and without a boyfriend. I can already taste all the ice cream and cookie dough that I'm planning on devouring. Walking up the staircase, I approach my floor. As I'm about to reach my door, I fumble in my pocket for my home key. 

The second I look up at the door, I freeze.

There on my wooden door is a large padlock, and next to that is a piece of paper stapled to my door reading "Eviction Notice". 

"Are you kidding me?"

I run up to my door and pull off the paper, crumpling it before throwing it on the ground. Grabbing the door knob, I begin shaking it violently as if I had some shot of breaking the metal padlock that kept me from my apartment. I don't know how long I shook and bang on my door, but once I stop, I drop to my knees.

It's over. You're fired. Eviction Notice.

I hit the trifecta, didn't I?

~*~

Numb.

Thats all I feel when I aimlessly walk through the streets of London, trying hard to come to terms with what just occurred. However, no matter how hard I try to think of a reasonable explanation for all of this to happen to me in one day, I draw up blanks. There is no reason. It's just my dumb luck.

This can't really be happening. They can't just kick me out, can they? I mean, I know I was a couple months late on my rent and several electric bills, but it's not like I wasn't planning on paying what I owe. And it's not like I was ignoring their previous warnings, I just didn't respond since I clearly lacked the money I owed. What is the point in replying when you still don't have the money?

Now, I have nothing. No job, boyfriend, best friend, or home. I have managed to loose everything in a matter of one day. What am I going to do? I have no one to help me; my parents live back in Phoenix, Arizona and last time I checked, they were still upset with me for moving to London after I graduated high school. They thought it was a bad idea, and at the time I thought they were crazy. I was tired of living the sheltered life in my parents country home. At the time, I wanted nothing more than to know what it feels like to be on my own. Now, I just wish I listened to them.

There is no way that I could've seen this coming. And at nineteen. 

I pull my backpack strap tighter around my shoulder as I continue walking. This backpack contains my only possessions. Outside my apartment door, they left out a few of my belongings; a small book light, a pair of socks, roll of toilet paper, my old backpack, and a picture of Andrew and I from out first date, which I happily threw away in the dumpster. Those items are all I have to show for. Socks, a lamp, and toilet paper. That's what my life in London has become.