"And you think I'm all of that?"

"What?" I exclaim. "No, no, I was just sayin' what the book said."

"Then what do you think?"

"I think your episodes are more than happy and sad." I sit down on the bed. "And they don't last as long. Bipolar is days, t'weeks. Yours are only a few hours. In Borderline Personality disorder, the episodes are a few hours t'a few days." I clasp my hands together. "And they're a wider range of emotion. It ain't just happy and sad."

Vi sits next to me. "I think you could be onto something..."

"You get really, really mad for a couple of hours, then you're okay. You get really sad for a while, then you're fine. You get a really distorted self-image, then you're fine."

"And really happy. And really anxious. And really impulsive. And really uptight."

I nod. "Yeah,"

She clamors onto me, basically latching herself onto my torso.

"Wait, do you think that this is an episode?" She asks.

I laugh and shake my head. "No, you're just bein' Vi."

"Do you think I've always been borderline?"

"No, I think as we've gotten older that it's been more borderline than it has been depression. When we were teens, just depression. Then you started havin' little out bursts."

"Do you hate it when I do this?" Vi asks.

"Uh, do what?"

"Cuddle you?"

"Oh! Doll, no, not even a little. I like it, actually."

"I'm sorry that I'm not like this more."

"Hey, it's okay. I love you. I love you, even with all your flaws and 'episodes' and even if you're not always this attached."

"I love you!"

"I love you too."

"Buddy?"

"Yeah?"

"I secretly like it when you force me to cuddle."

I laugh. "I know. I also know that you secretly like t'be little spoon."

"I mean..." she laughs.

"I know that you have a crush on me, too."

"What?!" She dramatically gasps. "Nu-uh! No! I do not!" She nuzzles into my neck.

Why's she so...all over the place tonight?

She was manic, then she was angry, now she's clingy.

I think her brain is trying to work out all the emotions she's having right now.

Best I can do is just to let her be. Whatever mood she's in, I'll be there.

"You're warm," she mumbles, somehow getting closer to me. She's already basically straddling me.

"As always." I say, wrapping my arms around her.

"Can I kiss you?" She asks.

I laugh and pat her back. "You're a dork, you've never once had t'ask."

She takes her face out of my neck and leans in.

March 23rd, 1953. 10:29 pm. The Holley Household

"Buddy tell me what you did!" Larry says sternly.

"Nothin'!" I reply, rolling my eyes.