Running-Darcy's POV

The taxi dropped us off at the party. We told the man to come back around 12:55.

Everyone wore masks. The house was decorated with beautiful green, silver, and golden decorations.

I was dressed in a silver party dress that was open in the back. I had silver ballerina flats and a small silver purse with me. You know, the kind that has the clasp. Around my neck was the necklace that Ross had given me earlier. And then of course, I wore a silver mask.

It was cute how all three of us wore our necklaces.

Lacey was dressed in a beautiful yellow cocktail dress. She had matching shoes, a matching hair band, and a matching mask.

Ross came dressed in a grey suit. He wore a grey fedora hat and had a black tie and a black mask.

Amy came dressed in a short, ice blue dress. She wore heels. Her mask was a lighter icy blue, which made her eyes pop out.

We all looked amazing.

When we walked inside, Ross and Lacey wandered off. I wondered what they were up to. Amy pulled me around the party.

"Amy? How are they supposed to know who the birthday girl is? We're all wearing masks," I point out.

"I guess we didn't think it through then huh?" she laughed.

I smiled.

"You want a drink?" Amy asked.

"Sure. Where's the cooler?" I ask.

"I think it's somewhere near the pool," she said and she grabbed my arm and pulled me behind her.

We came out in the big backyard.

"That's a really pretty pool," I commented.

"You want a drink?" Amy asked.

"Sure. Where's the cooler?" I ask.

"I think it's somewhere near the pool," she said and she grabbed my arm and pulled me behind her.

We came out in the big backyard.

"That's a really pretty pool," I commented.

"Yea, look there's the cooler," Amy points out. We walk towards it only to be ambushed by two guys. They bump into us.

I drop my purse and Amy almost falls into the pool. One of the boys rushes forward to catch her before she falls in and the other one bends down to pick up my purse.

He looks up and looks into my eyes.

Behind the mask, I see luminous green eyes and I find myself in a trance.

He shakes his head slightly.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi," I say shyly.

"Umm, you dropped this," he smiles kindly and hands me my purse.

"Thanks," I feel the heat rise in my cheeks.

"Ok, this is the first slow dance of the party, so grab a partner and pull her close," the DJ announces.

The boy glares in the direction of the DJ before turning back to me.

"Umm, would you like to dance?" he asks me.

"I'd love to but I can't dance," I say, looking at the floor.

"I can't dance either, so sorry if I trod on your feet," I look up to see him smiling. I feel a smile slowly appearing on my face.

He grabs my hand gently and pulls me onto the dance floor. I look around and notice that Amy and the other boy had disappeared.