xıs

[minyoung]

The next day, I decided to visit Joshua's room since it was already afternoon and he hadn't come out yet. I knocked on his door until I heard a 'come in.'

I slowly opened the door and saw Joshua lying on his bed and there were a lot of devices connected to him. I gasped and walked closer to him slowly "What happened?" I asked and then suddenly a doctor popped up.

"Oh, Ms. Minyoung, why're you here?" The doctor asked. I looked at Joshua who was smiling at me weakly "I'm Joshua's best friend." I said and the doctor nodded.

"Well, your friend has already reached stage four of his cancer. Have a pleasant day, Ms. Minyoung." The doctor left, leaving us both. I sighed out loud as I walked towards him.

"How do you feel?" I asked concernedly "I feel weak." He replied. It was the same answer I told my mom when she asked me when I first charged here.

I pulled a chair and sat beside his bed. I held his hand "Don't worry. You'll get thorough this." I tried to cheer him up but he just chuckled "I'm already at the last stage. I'll die soon." He replied and I sighed.

"Don't you believe in yourself?" I asked and that's the time when he looked at me "I do." I smiled and gripped his hand tighter "You'll get through this. Just believe in it." I said and he nodded weakly.

I hate seeing him like this. It feels like a lot of arrows pierced right through my heart. It hurts seeing him suffer.

-

edited: august 15, 2020