i gasp, and turn around.

"oh right uh-sorry." i hear him set his mug on the marble counter, and i hear him run up the stairs.

should i take my chance and leave?

no, i have questions.

he comes back down the stairs, and his face is red. so is mine.

"why am i here?" i break the silence.
"oh um.." he stops. "i found you uh...in your car. at the uh..cemetery."

my heart drops.

he found me with-

"how long have you been...you know...since last year?" he takes me away from my thoughts.

"why do you care?" i ask.
"just because i don't like you doesn't mean i can't keep you from killing yourself." he snaps back, making me jump a little.

"it's none of your business, finn." i say.
"it is my business when charlie calls me to go looking for you." he fires back.
i roll my eyes.

"if you want to go, then go. couldn't care less. you're welcome, by the way."
i scoff.

"my hero." i reply sarcastically.

i walk out the door and head for the sidewalk. i get pulled by my arm. i turn around and see finns hand on my wrist.

"i'm sorry, okay? just-just please come back inside. i didn't mean to be an ass like that." he says.
"oh like always?" i ask.
"don't push it, druggie." he snaps.

a tear immediately rolls down my cheek.
i turn again, and start walking. i wipe my tear, and i get grabbed again.

"millie i'm so sorry i didn't know why i said that"

he speaks in a worried tone, and i listen without turning around.

"millie please, i'm sorry."
his voice sounds like it's on the verge of crying.

i give in, and turn around to walk to his house. i bump his shoulder, and continue walking.

i walk into his house, and he follows me.

we're both drinking coffee, sitting across from each other at his dining room table. we sit in silence for about five minutes.

"where are your parents?" i ask, shattering the silence.
"work."
i hum in response and take a sip from my coffee.

"i'm sorry." he says.
"for what?" i ask, looking up. he isn't looking at me, he's staring at his mug, and his hands.

"for being a dick." he responds boldly.
"it's fine." i say reassuringly.
"you're sure?" he asks, looking up at me, with confusion in his eyes.

i nod and give a slight smile, and he does the same.

"i should probably call charlie." i say.

we're sitting on his couch, watching tv.

"yeah no go ahead."

i get up and head for the kitchen, and reach for my phone in my back pocket. i press 'call' on charlie's contact, mentally preparing myself for the rage and guilt that's about to attack me.

he answers.
"mills..oh my god i was so worried. where are you?" he asks. his voice is so concerned and soft.
"i'm at finns. he took me here."
"oh okay. just-come home when you're done, alright?" he says.
"yeah um..i'll see you in a little. love you." i say. he says "love you too," and i hang up.

i walk back into finns family room, and he still sits there watching tv. his full attention draws to the tv screen.

he's so cute.

wait what? millie stop.

"hey um, charlie said that i should get home in a little bit." i say.
he looks over to me.
"oh okay cool. do you want to finish the movie?" he asks.
at first i start to decline his invitation, but my body moves me towards him, sitting down close to him.
at first he tenses up, but then relaxes.

after a few minutes i turn my head to look at him. i couldn't help but smile, and he turns to me, and i snap my head back to the tv, wiping the goofy smile off of my face.

i feel him looking at me, and i see a small smile plastered on his freckled covered face in the corner of my eye.

i turn my head back to him.
we become closer to each other, without even noticing. it feels as if there's a magnet between us. the space between us becomes smaller by the second, and before i knew it, our lips are locked together.

we move our lips in sync, giving me butterflies. his hand slithers down to my waist, and my hand runs up his arm and his neck, reaching his hair. i run my fingers through his soft curls, tugging at them. his breath hitches, and i smile into the kiss.

he pushes me onto my back, and he crawls on top of me. his lips disconnect from mine, and kiss my cheek, trailing down my neck. i pull his face back to mine, connecting our lips once again. i turn him so that he's now on his back, and i'm on top of him. i start to kiss his cheek like he did to me, and kiss down his neck. he gives a light groan, and i go harder on that spot.

his hands go under my shirt, grabbing my waist. they trail up to my bra.
i then meet his lips, and tug his shirt up. he helps me take it off, and then puts his hands where they once were.

we stay like that for a few seconds, then i pull away, laying down on the spot next to him.
"you have no idea how long i've been waiting to do that." he admits, and i laugh.

boy, what i've been missing out on.

____
i like this chapter:)