A Ninja Assassin? Okay...

Start from the beginning

Leaving Liam sleeping soundly under the covers, he quickly got dressed and left their small apartment to go meet up with Ana and Leon.

The day before, he asked Anabelle to try and find out more about some girl who's been harassing the love of his life. He knew Ana was nosy, but he didn't think she'd actually break into the girl's house. Nonetheless, as long as she found some dirt on her, he'd be content. He could blackmail her into never bothering Liam again, which would make him happier. Maybe he could even convince her to leave inkopolis forever, which would make him even happier. Then Alex and Liam will be able to tie the knot without having to worry about any unwelcome disturbances.

Alex smiled to himself as he walked. He knew he was walking on thin ice by being so secretive from Liam, who was a low-key psychopath, but his boyfriend would understand eventually that he's doing it for the good of their relationship.

Alex smiled wider. How could this possibly go wrong.

__

He arrived at his teammate's house a little later in the morning. He didn't really know when to come since Ana hadn't really given him a time. However, based on the group's tendency to rise early (and Ana's certain impatience to spill the tea) he assumed they were here already.

He gave a few light knocks on the door to a small house just outside of Inkopolis Square. A few seconds later, he heard footsteps galloping down a set of stairs. He flinched when the door swung open in front of him. Ana's beaming smile and glistening eyes met his own. He gulped lightly. Not even he could be this enthusiastic in the morning.

"ALEX! Holy CARP!! You'll never believe what I found in that girls apartment!! Which is actually really cute to be honest. I mean, it wasn't extravagant or anything but it looked fairly comfortable. Big enough for at least two people in my opinion. Not that I- ".

"Whoa!" Alex stopped her from talking him into oblivion. "Chill, at least let me get inside first." He prompted. Ana huffed slightly, moving to the side to let him through.

He set his backpack down at the side of the stairs, where there was a mat for shoes. He decided to keep his shoes on and followed Ana as she led him up the stairs.

'She usually grabs my hand whenever She wants to take me somewhere...' He thought as they climbed the flight.

He'd noticed the way she's been acting lately. She's an enthusiastic person, but now its like shes always in a state of panic, especially when she speaks. Maybe this Melon chick really did have some sort of manipulation tactic because now even Ana was acting weirder than usual. His stomach tightened. Maybe she was worse than he'd thought.

All thoughts of dread left his mind when he reached the top of the stairs and entered a relatively small room, which was surprisingly bright and tidy. Leon was a member of their team, and therefore also had blue tentacles, although they were a little lighter. His eyes were brown, and his stern, pale face made it seem as if he were always uninterested, like he wished to be somewhere else no matter where he was. On the contrary, he could be even nosier than Anabelle, if that were possible. The only difference was that the team could always rely on him if they needed any sort of information. He was good at digging up facts and deciphering situations, which was one reason they decided to let him on the team.

The only downside was that he was kind of a nerd.

Alex laughed to himself. Leon hated when they called him a nerd.