Results of Imperfection:Story of a Dead Girl (A short story)

When I got home, Josh decided to stay the night with me. It felt nice to have someone to cuddle with, especially after such a high-strung day. The doctors said mom would most likely be in the hospital for a couple of weeks, in order to heal. I thanked the Lord that she was okay over and over again. I trudged upstairs and fell onto my bed. Josh copied my actions, landing next to me. Not even bothering to change my clothes, I fell fast asleep, letting the day's occurrences catch up to my body.  

I woke up the next morning early, but I wasn't in my room. It appeared to be a dorm room. There was a guy fast asleep next to me. I thought maybe it was Josh, but I couldn't be certain. I remembered Angela telling me that I would skip around to the important scenes in my life, and I didn't know how far I had skipped ahead. Obviously not too far since it appeared I was in a dorm room, and I didn't know if Josh was still in my life this far ahead. The guy started to move around, grumbling in his sleep. Nervousness hit the pit of my stomach as the he turned around to face me.  

"Good morning, beautiful," Josh's eyes peered into mine, and I was extremely happy to see that we were still together.  

"You better get up and get ready, graduation is in less than an hour." 

Graduation?! As in, college graduation? I skipped past five more years? Wow. I didn't even know what college I went to, or what I majored in. I assumed I would soon find out. I got up to take a shower, Josh surprising me when he slipped in. I had never taken a shower with a guy before. I've never taken a shower with anyone before. At least, not that I knew of; but Josh acted as if this was no big deal, so I guessed we had done this before. I dressed in a hurry, taking only a second to appreciate the beautiful dress Josh had picked out for me for graduation.  

"Are you ready, babe? You look a bit nervous," Josh looked at me out of the corner of his eye.  

"I'm fine. Maybe a little nervous." I was nervous because I had no idea who I was.  

"Well, at least you'll get to see your parents." Josh gave me a little smile and I couldn't help how the corners of my lips twitched up in mimic of his. I was too excited to see how my mom was doing.

vote, comment, and fan